200 mph gearing ??

I was checking out the calculator and it said that when I toped out my bike I was doing 201.2mph I have recently put in a 1397 with a 30 shot and flashed the ecu so it revs to 11500 My gearing was 16/40 . I will go to stock or maybe a 18 soon and see what I can get . I want to go do the Texas mile next year and make it official . It says I should get 228mph with a 19/40 set up I think i have enough power , i'm at 213rwhp w/o nos haven't dyno'd with the nos . what do you guys think . xspower , what was the leathers issue you had ?

Last edited:
I think(no expert!,too say the least) 18/ 41 would be a good set up for your hp,should be able to pull the gear HP wise and being a mile, would work well.
This based on me over-gearing at loring and not being able to pull the gear with my HP.

You could also go to a 55 rear tire with this gearing and add a few more MPH to the set-up. But as I learned nothing is too be taken for granted!
With this set-up(18/41) I am guessing easily 200+ and hopefully more,but that would be up to the racing gods,would it not?.:whistle:
My point is, baby steps till you really know where you stand.I think 19/40 may put you in the 190's,but I am basing this on my limited knowledge and experience.???
Goodluck, as it will be fun no matter what you run! :beerchug:

I was checking out the calculator and it said that when I toped out my bike I was doing 201.2mph I have recently put in a 1397 with a 30 shot and flashed the ecu so it revs to 11500 My gearing was 16/40 . I will go to stock or maybe a 18 soon and see what I can get . I want to go do the Texas mile next year and make it official . It says I should get 228mph with a 19/40 set up I think i have enough power , i'm at 213rwhp w/o nos haven't dyno'd with the nos . what do you guys think . xspower , what was the leathers issue you had ?

Which calculator, the previous one as stated is incorrect. What gearing and tire for the 201.2 estimate?

If you aren't making power all the way to 11,500 then that gearing won't pull it in 1-mile. If power drops off at 10,800 then you need to gear it accordingly. Realistically you won't go anywhere close to 228mph with that power AND nitrous. I would shoot for 200mph first and if you are hitting the limiter in 1-mile then change gearing accordingly. Depending on your weight it might not even pull that, LOTS of factors.

Let me know when you are coming to Texas and I'd be glad to help... :beerchug:

213rwhp is enough to get you over 200mph.

that 16 tooth front sprocket will never get you over 200. You'd be lucky to hit 160 with it.

Back