200/50 rear Rubbin????

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
I am looking to replace my stock rear with a 200/50. I told this to a more experienced Busa guy and he told me he thinks a 200 would rub against the chain. Does anyone know if this is true? How will change from going to a 200/50 from the stockers on there now..??? THanks...:rulez:

You might rub the chain guard but other than that you will not have any problems, I've been running 200/50's on mine since I've got it.

I'[ve been also told that a 200 (outside chance) that a 210 is the widest you can go WITHOUT any problems

200 Series works just fine.

displayimage.php

Don't ever let anyone tell you they don't handle either. :moon:

displayimage.php

just put a 180 55 R17 on the rear. i'll tell you how it rides when i get home in a year.

180? Is that on a stock rim? I knew I could go up a size but didn't know I could go down a size. What benefits would that have ?

180? Is that on a stock rim? I knew I could go up a size but didn't know I could go down a size. What benefits would that have ?

Stock is a 190/50...a 180/55 handles better and costs less...also wears out quicker.
Posted via Mobile Device

certain brand /model tires have a more pronounces "lip" hanging off the outermost edge (Shinko Ravens especially)
I think most brand 200s would fit without issue / a few would just barely rub ...
nothing a tiny bit of grinding/notching couldn't easily take care of .

:peace:

Back