Metzeler  m3 200-50-17

achilles

Registered
i currently have a 190-50-17 rear tire on.
i'm thinking of mounting a 200-50-17
would that be a mistake ?
talk to me brother

I think the general consensus is that STOCK Busa 190 tires are actually closer to 200. As for the M3s, I don't know. I just ordered a set, and the guy I purchased them through indicated that there is a bit of overlap between the various sizes, i.e. a 190 is not exactly 190.

I guess I would ask you why you want such an aggressive sport tire that's wider than normal? Why not buy an M1 if you're not so concerned about a tire being super sticky. I've used the M1s, and they've been a very good tire.

Good luck with your decision.

ok wow this website is hot
smile.gif

I do have the M1's on right now and they're great, i will upgade to the m3's though cause i wanna try the new tech.
as far as what kind of riding i do ? I'ts twisties in the mountains and some flying in th hwy. i guess i'll stick with the 190's . You guys are awsome:cool:

If your doing a lot of twisty riding, maybe a 180 for the rear and swap out the stock dog-bones for a set of +1's to really give you an advantage for Mt. riding.

I'm running the M3's, their awesome. As I stated before, my rear M3 190 looks a little thinner then my M1 did. Not verified, just visually look thinner...may be the tread pattern. If ya like to rail the twisties, I'd stay with the 190. Only 500 miles so far but I think the M3's are my new favorite tire.

if you REALLY wanna get twistie, go 180, like Valium mentioned. 180 makes noticable improvement in turning

if you REALLY wanna get twistie, go 180, like Valium mentioned.  180 makes noticable improvement in turning
+1 most of the lads overhear actually remove the 190 and replace it with 180........

As a matter of fact, there is, very few running anything bigger than a 180..

I'm running the M3's, their awesome. As I stated before, my rear M3 190 looks a little thinner then my M1 did. Not verified, just visually look thinner...may be the tread pattern. If ya like to rail the twisties, I'd stay with the 190. Only 500 miles so far but I think the M3's are my new favorite tire.
+1 My favorite as well!
smile.gif

it was a tough choice between the M3's, the michelin power pilot and the dunlop qualifier as a wild card

it was a tough choice between the M3's, the michelin power pilot and the dunlop qualifier as a wild card
those 3 tires are most popular tires right now...I'm running M-1 right now...BTW, the stock BT56 is not really 190...actually its 198...thats what I heard, so going for 200 is not a problem...but for your riding is not recommend for 200...

92_2_closeup.jpg

I just got my M3's yesterday and got the rear mounted today. The 190 rear is about .5" narrower than the stock 190 bridgestone when mounted.It also has a much different profile. I'd say it is probably more like a true 190 than the Bridgestone. When I get the front mounted tomorrow I will have to see how great these things are. Should quicken it up a little, which is one of the reasons I bought em. Crappy pics of the old and new but you can see the profile change.

trie.jpg

Back