20 Years Ago

Ultimately adding this. All 3 Gens under one roof.

Ao Oni (06 Apr 22) - 8.jpg

At least nobody has posted that they were 2 when you joined the site........now THAT makes you feel old....

I used to get that sometimes when I was serving and some youngster would remind me that their parents weren't even dating when I joined.....but the sad part is in many cases they couldn't keep up to me...
I get enough of that from people I work with, especially this month with the 9/11 remembrance.

Last edited:
I get enough of that from people I work with, especially this month with the 9/11 remembrance.
I was 43 when the WTC was demolished…
Makes me feel old lol.
Sure is a great community here, I started using the internet in ‘04 but in those days I had a GSXR1100.
I bought a GAXR1000K6 in ‘07 and joined a UK GSXR forum, quit that after 2 years and when I bought my 99 Busa in 2014 I eventually found this forum and joined, never looked back.
Thanks Cap.

It is, and I've been here over 15 years now...it's hard to belive so many of us have been here so long, myself included
I joined a Katana forum out of France years ago but was deployed a lot in those days so was seldom on it....be the same if I was on this one 20 yrs ago I suppose...

It seemed joining this forum went hand in hand of owning a Hayabusa...I studied a few other forums before coming on this one...I found many of the other forums to be lacking direction and guidance....

I haven't been here long but I have enjoyed my time here....in that short time I have seen quite a few people come and go and thankfully some have come back.....

I joined a Katana forum out of France years ago but was deployed a lot in those days so was seldom on it....be the same if I was on this one 20 yrs ago I suppose...

It seemed joining this forum went hand in hand of owning a Hayabusa...I studied a few other forums before coming on this one...I found many of the other forums to be lacking direction and guidance....

I haven't been here long but I have enjoyed my time here....in that short time I have seen quite a few people come and go and thankfully some have come back.....
This was my first real experience with internet-age social media and found it quite appealing.

And it’s not only the length of time some of us have been around, it’s the post count. Many of us have thousands of posts over the years. (That) says something!
Post count used to be a real competition. We wound up with some really inflated numbers for some folks. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but still have more posts here than anywhere else I have been a part of.

Post count used to be a real competition. We wound up with some really inflated numbers for some folks. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but still have more posts here than anywhere else I have been a part of.

I never saw it as a competition or a tool used to demean or inflate the ego of the poster but I know what you mean. Trolls usually have an inflated post count but you seldom see them in m/c related threads. Sadly, some posters that continue replying to troll content increase their post count as well.

I never saw it as a competition or a tool used to demean or inflate the ego of the poster but I know what you mean. Trolls usually have an inflated post count but you seldom see them in m/c related threads. Sadly, some posters that continue replying to troll content increase their post count as well.
Didn't mean it as negative competition in most cases. It was a healthy competition though. I know, as I was a participant until I got tired.

I remember at the beginning when I wanted to get my post number up, sometimes I still look and see it's not much higher, I guess it dont help that I'm more of a reading and not commenting kind of guy. :D

Regardless, I still enjoy reading what everyone is up to, their input, what's going on in general,... and once in a while make a comment here and there on the thread that just calls me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back