20 worst "Dine out" foods (health wise)

Because I work for a restaurant company I know how bad it is to eat in any casual dining restaurant. Eating out is fun, but nearly every single entree from any restaurant - including "healthy" ones - is more than 1000 calories. Most are nearly double.

I seem to be moving more and more to homemade foods and away from processed. But homemade takes time and some specialized equipment...it really isn't so much skill or talent, unless you can't follow directions. Bread from scratch takes about 3 hrs. Spaghetti sauce can take 1 - 10 hrs depending how long you simmer it. It's so much easier just to pick up a jar of Prego or loaf of Wonder. Over the past year, I've paid more attention to what's in processed foods (doesn't mean I don't eat them, I just look at labels). It can be a little scary. 2009 is the year I try to cut out half the boxes and jars in my pantry and replace with homemade/home canned sauces, veggies and other foods.

Eating out is going to be the hardest part to cut back on...it's so much easier.

Who eats a whole thing of the aussie cheese fries? That's ALOT of food and normally split between a groupl of people.

not a bit surprised. The best foods are always the worst for you

I'm just glad my Chicken Burrito from Chipotle aint on the list:cheerleader:

I think the help will more likely give some a heart attack. The boys will be wanting a road trip to Chandler AZ now. :poke: :laugh:

wow and we wonder why we are getting fatter by the second in america.

Back