1st service?

DeRos

Registered
when I bought my busa they told me that the 1st service had to be done by the dealer to be in compliance with the warranty, is that true? and does changing my oil at 400 miles mess that 1st service up if it does have to be done by the dealer?

Not true. Just be sure to save your receipts for the oil and filter and keep a logbook with the date and mileage. I did it myself at 600 miles and again at 4000. Their just trying to milk you. Don't fall for it!

Not true.  Just be sure to save your receipts for the oil and filter and keep a logbook with the date and mileage.  I did it myself at 600 miles and again at 4000.  Their just trying to milk you.  Don't fall for it!
Ditto. save your cash and buy some good tools, get familiar with the bike and do the work yourself. I've heard too many horror stories about shop work.

Doing your own service is two fold, you save lots of money and you're forced to become more familiar with your bike!
My dealer long ago told me that as long as I keep receipts, that warranty will remain in tact.

<!--EDIT|CCbusa05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146595898 -->

Not true.  Just be sure to save your receipts for the oil and filter and keep a logbook with the date and mileage.  I did it myself at 600 miles and again at 4000.  Their just trying to milk you.  Don't fall for it!
Absolutely...my dealer said it was perfectly fine for us to do the first maintenance...just jot down what you did and keep receipts...

Absolutely...my dealer said it was perfectly fine for us to do the first maintenance...just jot down what you did and keep receipts...
+1 Are they the only dealer around?

Dealer required to do the first maintance (600 mile check) is NOT TRUE !!! My suggestion is when you need to go to a dealer, GO FIND ANOTHER DEALER. Since he isn't telling the truth now, just think what he might do in the future
wink.gif

Yes, it is oil and filter, and chain adjustment.
But more importantly is checking the header and head bolts for proper torque.

My dealer "suggested" it just in case there were problems later on.
wink.gif
I let them have there way with me ($150). Now, I take care of the maintenance myself.

Just completed the 1st maintainance on my Busa, about 2 hrs. time and oil and filter(Suzuki) and a can of Maxima chain wax all added up to about $28.50 and a little documentation time. Beats $170 the dealer wanted. That time also included installing a Muzzy fan and I know all was done correctly. This is actually my 2nd oil, filter change did 1 at 156 miles. The saving paid for my new Joe Rocket mesh jacket and almost cover the Nelson Rigg silver streak tank bag I am going to order
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks, this thread helped me too. I have a 05 red and black Busa i bought last month and I was worried about the 600 mile checkup. I changed oil at 490miles before I took the bike to Daytona. I didn't do any of the bolt torque checking as mentioned above. I hate to take it back to the dealer I bought it from. The mechanic that serviced my my bike was hot rodding it a little and I found a couple of the fairing bolts missing. And it had some scratches on the tank from sitting on their showroom floor for a year, which they covered under warranty. I really don't want to take it back to the dealer for the service work.  
    I ordered a TRE. Anyone had any experience with them? I hear it runs a lot smoother in the lower gears?

http://webpages.charter.net/kgolden/maverick.htm

Pete

What's a Timing Retard Eliminator???
So if my timing is off,and I am a retard,this will help?

J/K
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146969605 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back