1st service done WOO HOO!!!!!

I too do an early 100 - 500 mile oil change on my new vehicles.

I also had trouble getting the oil filter off and was considering buying a strap wrench. At that point I'd already drained the oil and didn't feel like running to the store so I ended up using my leather belt to get it loose. Just wrapped it around the filter near the base a couple of times, gave it a pull and she spun right off. Same to tighten it. Gotta love redneck ingenuity!

I would have dropped the oil at 20 but i just had to ride around a lil bitt :) Probably got more stuff out anyways. Never thought about a belt.Nice trick. Tried my little rubber strap wrench, it budged a little but,and then broke the belt. Then i did the super red neck fabrication stab with a screw driver method :whistle: Man I need a K&N filter with the nut on it.

I just did my own the other day, and agree 100%!! I couldn't believe how loose the chain was already and I did the service at 450 miles. I know it sounds silly, but had begun question it's power. Tightened the chain to specs, and about flew off the back on the way to work the next morning the first real twist. :thumbsup:

Oh yea,and it got louder! The packing must have seasoned up.

The rings are nice n broke in upto 5-7k rpm. Now it really wants to rip up to the powerband.

Back