1st service done WOO HOO!!!!!

KS9495,

I put 4 quarts plus the new oil filter. I know some say 3 or 3.5 quarts, but that never gets mine to the full mark. That is , if you were asking that question.

It costs me around 60 dollars for an oil change. The hassle of getting the fairing off is the worst part. You have to be super careful or you will break something, don't ask how I know ???

Once you've done it a couple times it gets easier. Watch Blanca Busa's youtube video of how to remove GENII fairing it's around here somewhere...

My bike responded nicely to just dropping the oil at 100 miles by the time i made it home. Man was it dark. No shavings though. By 500miles the shifting was already getting harder. A full oil/filter change and it should be ready to go a full 1,500 miles then at 2,000 im switching to fully synthetic. It should really respond then. I figure i should then be able to get a good 3,000 miles per change. Looks like the manual recommends every 3,500 even on dino oil.

Newb question. Do you take off the drivers left or right side fairing to get to the oil filter?

I got the right side fairing off in like 15 min and didn't even break any of the tabs. Don't see what all the fuss is about. I guess its all of those years taking off door panels finally paid off. The hardest part was unscrewing the oil filter off without the filter wrench. I managed to get the new one 1 1/4-1 1/2 turns back on. The recommended 2 turns from contact is a bit much.

I got the right side fairing off in like 15 min and didn't even break any of the tabs. Don't see what all the fuss is about. I guess its all of those years taking off door panels finally paid off. The hardest part was unscrewing the oil filter off without the filter wrench. I managed to get the new one 1 1/4-1 1/2 turns back on. The recommended 2 turns from contact is a bit much.

Might want to consider a K&N oil filter as they have a nut on the bottom of the filter that makes changing it much easier.

They cant cost much more than the factory ones a 10+ bucks a pop. I was thinking about a mobile1 filter to match my oil but i didn't see the part # for one in the sticky. K&N would match my air filter choice though. There are very good quality. I use K&N air filters along with NGK plugs on just about everything. Even German cars.

Can you find these type filters locally besides the dealer like at autozone,tractor supply or should i just order online?

I would just order online. Any parts store can order the K&N if they carry it, but what is the difference? You can just have it shipped to your house.

How many miles did you have at the first service? I changed mine at 100 then 500 and thought it felt good. I then went on a few long hiway trips till i had 1000 miles and that was all 75-80mphish at 4500rpm in 6th the whole way for hours. When i had got home and went for a ride the next day, man this thing opened up a can. I think i know what you are talking about. And i thought i was getting used to it :) I thought it was because i had just waxed the chain also. I was like WTF. It does help to get a few more ponies to the back wheel though.

Last edited:
Back