1st mods?

H2Ocaver

Registered
OK, i am ready tto start looking at mods for my 05 with 800 miles on it.
I don't want to void warranty.
Cosmetic, engine, suspension are all options.
I was thinking TRE, but there might be a warranty problem-has anybody had a warranty problem caused by installing the TRE?
I'd like to do the PAIR mod, again-any warranty problems?
I need a little more seat to peg distance, I heard that gixxer 1K pegs will go right on and give an inch or so more space, any any advice on that?
I ordered some small turnsigs for the back, I will post pics when I get that done.
I would like to paint the nose (silver now) the same color black as the rest of the bike. The only thing is that the lower r+l have a small area of silver on them that matches the nose where the graphics continue from front to back (does that make sense?) Anyway, does anybody know if you can just paint on top of the factory paint and leave some of it exposed to make the graphics look continuos? Here is a pic-
GSX1300BK5a.jpg

sun118c.jpg

I will also paint the fron tfender the same black at the same time, if the nose can be done also.
what else would be a must do?
Thanks for your help-EZ

exhaust, power commander, tires, properly set up the suspension for the type riding that you will be doing, brakes/lines, and most importantly enough seat time that any mods you make will actually show a difference instead of just spending the money because everyone else is.

can't see the pics so don't know if you have taken the reflectors off yet but that is a must as well.

Forget the TRE. Have you hit the limiter in 6th yet? Then don't worry about it. Don't need the PAIR mod till you put exhaust on it. I would concentrate on the drivability of it. Double bubble screen, different pegs if you are cramped, maybe bar risers if you feel you need them, etc. The cheapest & probably the best thing to do first is make sure the suspension is set up for the way you ride. If you are riding the twisties & your suspension is too soft it will corner like it has a flat tire. Keep it simple for now & get some seat time. Then look for power. Just my $0.0002.
wink.gif

Oops.. double post. Stupid network...

<!--EDIT|BusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104181263 -->

Have to agree that the performance mods can really wait until you have plenty of seat time. Either that or you just have a lot of spare time and money. Go for the double bubble windscreen, Protek footpegs and aftermarket undertail. Then check and set your suspension, exhaust/slip-ons, power commander and PAIR valve.

Thanks guys, as far as seat time goes-this is my 16th bike I have been riding since 1976. I in the late 80's I used to run et's at desoto every sat night. So, I have some experience. The main things I want to do are make the "from dead stop" starts smoother. I would like to make the throttle response smoother, because in the curves it hit hard in lower gears making the back tire feel like it is coming loose. I don't care about top speed. I do like wheelies, my 600 is the easiest thing to wheelie on besides a dirt bike. The front end of the busa is so heavy that balance point is more precise and that makes slower wheelies more difficult. I guess I would like to move the rpm's to a slower speed and just keep the engine as smoothe as possible. I DO like having very quiet exhaust, but I would like to have an undertail exhaust or even a one sided hi mount.
From what I have read the TRE smoothes out the throttle response, is this not true?-EZ

EZ, the TRE does smooth out the throttle response. No problem with warranty because you can unplug it when having warranty service done. Braided brake lines are a great improvement. GSXR 1K pegs fit just fine. Cecil has a set on his bike.
A good pipe, not necessarily loud, is another improvement. Keep us posted...

Dave, thanks, tell me what you felt with the braided brake lines. Did you get significant improvement in feel and braking?-EZ

First thing I did to my bike before it even left the dealer was to fit an MRA tinted double bubble screen. The original looked nice but was just not practical...did the same to my 2000 TL1000R. The speeds some of these guys do over here on our Sunday am breakfast runs can only be classed as (track fever). The screen made a big difference. Then a carbon hugger, busa tank protector and head-light protector rounded off my mods. After running in, fitted an Akrapovic full-race in carbon. What a great sound and a mass weight saving. Other guys have gone for gass-flowing the head and cams, but my bike is fast enough and I am not going to open the motor. I am satisfied with my basically cosmetic changes and keep the bike nice and clean.

busa23.JPG

Dave, thanks, tell me what you felt  with the braided brake lines. Did you get significant improvement in feel and braking?-EZ
There was a fair amount of improvement with the braided lines. No mushy feeling after I got them bled. The stock brakes seemed to work better with the individual lines for each caliper up front instead of the split lines that come stock.

A good set of EBC HH pads work wonders too

I would start small. Get braided lines for front and rear, and different pads for the front. Stopping power will be WAY better than stock.

I would then get a different screen...I prefer the look of the ZG DB low profile "drag screen" myself, but that is all personal taste. With a different screen you can then see the gauges.

Then if you are tall, yeah, definately get different pegs to drop the peg heighth a bit. That will definately help.

Only get risers for the bars if you need it...such as not being able to ride for more than an hour or so because your wrists are killing you.
smile.gif

Then either pay someone to set your suspension up for you, or to have one "rebuilt" to your specs. I would also, at this same time, change the oil in your stock steering damper to stiffen it up a bunch. Either that or pay $$$ for an aftermarket. Your choice.

Then, me personally, I would change the undertail, as in my opinion, that does the most for the looks of the bike.

Then, depending on $$$, I would go for the exhaust. Reason that I say $$$, is that, you CAN just get a pair of slip ons...but you will not get total performance gains without:

A full pipe, headers to cans.
PC3 USB
PAIR mod

Then with the aftermarket exhaust, you should really install a muzzy aluminum fan to replace the stock to prevent overheating.

Then, it is debatable...but I would get a BMC race filter, personally. Some disagree though and say that the stocker is better. And of course, do the small airbox mod to remove the flapper.

As for the TRE...I, personally, would do it, if for nothing more than to smooth out low end throttle response...

I peeled off some of the body graphics, I like it ALOT better.
The graphics ruin the curves of the bodywork. Pics don't do it justice, all the LE guys already know this, I am just finding it out-EZ
before-
sun118b.jpg

after
ezbusa15.jpg

Back