19 tooth sprocket

Spkrdctr

Registered
I put the 19 tooth sprocket on today and gave it a quick 20 minute ride. It really doesn't do much. The speedometer is much more accurate, but in performance, I couldn't tell any difference with my "seat of the pants" dyno. So, it did what I wanted and I still have massive, silly acceleration! Down the road, I might get a smaller rear sprocket. Maybe go down 3 teeth to a 40. See if that really makes a difference. But, that is next year, as I have spent my money for the entire 2009 year, and first quarter of 2010. I have been on a wild bike oriented spending spree. :cheerleader: Time to stop.:banghead:

Unless I win the Florida lottery.:please::please::please:!!!!!

Time to stop.:banghead
Not your decision to make mate. The beast will decide when you'll stop, not you!

But you already know that right?

I just spent $100 on a tiny hump pad made by some German wanker. Worth every penny?

You bet!

Last edited:
I put the 19 tooth sprocket on today and gave it a quick 20 minute ride. It really doesn't do much. The speedometer is much more accurate, but in performance, I couldn't tell any difference with my "seat of the pants" dyno. So, it did what I wanted and I still have massive, silly acceleration! Down the road, I might get a smaller rear sprocket. Maybe go down 3 teeth to a 40. See if that really makes a difference. But, that is next year, as I have spent my money for the entire 2009 year, and first quarter of 2010. I have been on a wild bike oriented spending spree. :cheerleader: Time to stop.:banghead:

Unless I win the Florida lottery.:please::please::please:!!!!!

What are your intentions of gearing it so tall...? Are you planning on top speed racing or what...?

Changing the front sprocket up or down a tooth is usually very noticeable. Sounds like maybe you're not the real hot-rodder type. I love acceleration, and twist the throttle a LOT.....I went down one tooth up front, and up 2 in back...just right for me. If that gearing works for you congrats :beerchug: ...I could never run it :laugh:

Back