186 Miles per hour

If they had a 300 mph restriction on them, people would still be trying to derestrict them. There's no end to the madness.
thumb_up.gif
race.gif

i thought it was cause the big 3 thought in the words of the discorvery channels top 10 motorcycle show it was because that too many inexpirenced riders were hoping on ultra fast bikes and killing themselves and the big three decided on a gentlemans agreement so that people woulndn't hurt themselves as easy lol i know 186 safe lol anwayse and probably because they didn't want to have to deal with government regulations even biggining to put your foot in the door on restrictions

The "restriction" is a voluntary agreement between the "Big 4" Japanese manufacturers to limit the speeds to 300 kph. After the '99 Busa topped out at over 194 mph, they decided the speed wars would never end.

ok... but can we still blame the French? ?
biggrin.gif

shaddup! I'm 1/4 French. so there.

o.k. Here is the deal with the speedlimit ( limiter ). The TIRES !!!!!!!
the tire industry is having a hard time keeping up with the rapid advancement of motorcycles and cars.
For example : the bugatti veron has a maximum speed of 250 miles per hour but going that fast will melt the tire after 35 to 40 min. thats why at full speed the gas tank will be empty after 15 to 20 min.

This is a mere safety precaution for all the speed freaks in Germany that would want to go from Berlin to Munich in less than 2 hours...LOL.. Same goes for motorcycle's that can access speeds of 250kmh + . The friction and the heat build up at those speeds 300kmh + is so high that the tire mixture nessecary to with stand meltdown would be unuseful at lower speeds.

187 will kill ya.
186 saves lives. It's good old fashioned, political common sense. These are highly educated people from Ivy League universities
we trust with the difficult decisions in life. Without them we'd all be going 187 and killing each other left and right.

MV Augusta restricted their CC model to 195mph due to tires.  
winkold.gif
Mv Agustas clock up mileage going for constant repairs... Expensive pieces of ****.... thrown together and made by Carlsberg probly the most unreliable bike in the world.... they dont need restricting... they are self restricting as in they dont run long enough to reach any high speed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

the tire industry is having a hard time keeping up with the rapid advancement of motorcycles and cars.
For example : the bugatti veron has a maximum speed of 250 miles per hour but going that fast will melt the tire after 35 to 40 min. thats why at full speed the gas tank will be empty after 15 to 20 min.

This is a mere safety precaution for all the speed freaks in Germany that would want to go from Berlin to Munich in less than 2 hours...LOL.. Same goes for motorcycle's that can access speeds of 250kmh + . The friction and the heat build up at those speeds 300kmh + is so high that the tire mixture nessecary to with stand meltdown would be unuseful at lower speeds.
Ok then we put some engine ice in the tires aswell
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

OK, if this is the reasoning... Tell me, where can you go 186+ mph for more than even 2 minutes in the USA???

AND!!!! If I remember correctly, Ghost Rider rode 180+ mph for 15 minutes solid during the Uppsala run.
Maybe he was using "special" tires from Mars.

I don't buy the tire theory.
I think it's just a stupid rule made by stupid, scarred people.

Back