16 bit to 32 bit ecu swap problems??

turbobusa2000

Registered
Just got my bike running after an ecu swap. It runs like crap. Sounds like it's missing on a cylinder, black smoke....

I remember my first turbo install, I had the bleed valves set up wrong. It sounds like that.

Any ideas where to start. I've checked everything I could think of, no luck. Any thoughts would be great.

You did not provide the details, so I'll ask the first thing I can think of. Did you change rotors?

You did not provide the details, so I'll ask the first thing I can think of. Did you change rotors?

Disregard. I found an earlier thread where you are aware of the difference in the rotors.

Yeah, everything is good with rotor and the ecu. I had a buddy flash the ecu and he said it took the flash so I do believe it's not the ecu.

Is there a way to diagnose a bad IAP sensor with a multi meter? The reason I ask is when I installed my first turbo I had the bleed valves installed incorrectly and the sensor wasn't getting vaccum. It's running just like that. I also pulled the line and sucked on the sensor to simulate vaccum, but nothing changed. Makes me wonder if the sensor is bad.

Back