1585cc shake down

OB_bigabusa

Registered
Just come back from Elvington (airfield) speed weekend. between rain storms managed to get 21 1/4 miles, 13 going on for mile. Had absolutely no problems. The bikes 3-4 inch over stock and 1 inch lower. These are my best figures: best et 1/4 9.28, best terminal 163mph. best mile 214mph. the motors just getting better and better.
This is a street motorcycle running on regular pump petrol, no air or quick shifter. gearing was 17/38 with TTS hi-ratio 5th and 6th. I have really enjoyed myself!

damn quit teasin.by the way thanks for bringing hitech hi quality products to us.do not forget to put my trans gear or4der through on tuesday ok?savin for the crank now.

It really makes you feel good when all that work pays off!

Good job Richard! (163mph)

Are you useing the Power Commander yet?

Good to see you there, Richard. Machine looked as good as it ran too. Does she run on the road as well as she ran on the strip?

[This message has been edited by Tangram (edited 03 July 2000).]

Well done Richard exactly how much power did it make in the end?Only bent No 2 exhaust valve this weekend looks as if the shim jumped out when I missed gear.You did warn me about this I'm sure.Still I've reasoned two routes to go from here more aspirated power less gas(I'm sure you can help here)or Turbo what do ya think?
Gasa

Just pulled the clutch out to soak the plates for this weekend and I don't even have any blued steels, and the oil looks fine. i will pull the motor down after this weekend and check out everything. If all's well I will be taking orders!
GASA you've found out it doesn't take much of an over rev to displace a shim. I only over rev'd to 12500 last year but I got away with a new top retainer. I will get some ti retainers in from APE next shipment, I have some spring shims to preload the v/spring a little more. should give you a bigger margin.

TANGRAM, yes I do run it on the road, this is a total street bike, I do shorten the wheel base but the gearing remains the same.
MOTORHEAD, I have not had the oppotunity to fit the PC2 yet and at the weekend I found I was week at the top end and had to fit a BMC filter to make it feel right. I know I have a long way to go to get the best out of it. I will keep at it. thanks.

1 6 3 mph! Damn good mph! Enough MPH to be in the 8's, especially on a naturally aspirated bike...keep at it. Gotta feel good when the hard work pays off.

"Bigabusa" your name is an understatement. Should be more like Goliathabusa.
JR Hammock

[This message has been edited by JRBusa (edited 05 July 2000).]

Back