SNOWFEKRISSAKES, AND A LITTLE TINY CRASH

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
It's getting seriously cold up here.

Last night 33 degrees, although I didn't know that going in...I hadn't checked weather.

I had already made up my mind last night to ride to work this morning no matter what and in the morning I put on a sweater under my leathers and shoved my head into a thick wool balaclava and left at 4:45 A.M. in cold rain.

I got a mile from my home, which is on a lake so it gets the benefit of the heat of the water, then a mile inland I ran into a freaking blizzard! 2 inches of white stuff on the ground! That big Busa headlamp turned the night into a Styrofoam* pellet storm.

I flopped the Busa on its ass as I was trying to turn around to go home.

Managed to pick the bike up and rode back with an injured ankle.

Winter on the...WHAT...4th of October?

I always count on riding until December 1!

And I WILL ride till then.

Ever seen a Busa with ice studs on the tires?

How are things in Chi-Town, Windy City, The Big Apple, Tokyo, Stockholm, Hoboken and worst of all...North Dakota?

I and thousands like me would prefer not to hear about Hawaii, Namibia, Melbourne or California.

*trade mark reg'd, U.S. Pat. Off., all rights protected, please don't sue us

Pete i got to tell you down here in florida people are still spending large amounts of money to have the a/c units repaired. So ship us some ice please!!! Sounds like you will have plenty of time to polish your ball bearing.

Yeah, That sucks we had 2" here on Saturday. The only good winter does is let me get out on the snowmobile which is not nearly as fun as riding a bike- I'm glad you just have a hurt ankle could have been a lot worse.

Pete come to Texas is perfect weather here 50-60 at night and you can ride all night in your leathers and not break a sweat. AND no ice to ride around :)

sorry to hear about that. Good to hear you try'd to use your ankle to save the busa from hittn the ground but next time try using your whole body .. it will cover more area :) heheh

Hey DP..sorry to hear about your flop! I'm heading out on Friday morning (3am) from Virginia to South Dakota. Hope the weather clears up until the 19th...Ha...fat chance.

See ya,

Looks like we have got through the typhoon season here now and can ride around Tokyo until about Jan. 2000 before the snow comes. Starting to get a little cold though, but the busa kicks out enough heat to compensate :)

Sorry to hear about your spill, glad it was nothing more serious.

Your weather correspondant in Tokyo - DaZee

Geez, Pete, I used to ride my CB360T Honda in the snow when I was in high school, but that was because I really didn't care if I fell off it. I went down once on it under cold no-traction conditions, on glare ice on a bridge at about 7 mph. But if, at 17, we are a bit stupid, we also bounce pretty well. I just got up and kept going.

When it gets cold, the big bike goes into the garage. If I need a fix, I polish it and wrench on it and polish it and wrench on it, until it warms up outside. But I am older, and not quite as fearless as I used to be. But I also really wimped out and moved to So. Cal. I'm still bumming about having become such a wuss! :)

Take it easy, Man.

Pete,
Hope your OK, Hope your "Roadkill" is not messed up. I dropped a ducati last week myself, parking it at night-dont ask. Guess you dont want to hear about LA-
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Pete

Sorry to hear about that, glad you could ride home. No comment on the weather. Did you read the tread on Compartment Syndrome?

maui

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 04 October 1999).]

Well now we know why your keyboard has been so quiet today. Hey at least you didn't hurt your fingers! Sorry to hear about your slide in the snow. Daring to ride the Busa in that kind of weather. My weather is about the same as speed's is since I'm only 30 miles north of Texas. The only problem is I'm trying not to rack up any more miles on the 99' so it will stay fresh for the Y2K trade-in. :(

Pete good to hear you are not really hurt, plastic is plastic and you can buy that stuff .

Well you could for the winter create RODAN's northern Cousin ROADKILLAN the spiked tire ice racer from hell. Picture a Busa with those killer spikes you see in the pictures of the Russian ice racers, no fenders just metal cages over the tires. Rodan would run for its life.

Then we could send free vacation tickets to the Busa Bashers to work as corner workers trackside.

Dirty Pete contact ESPN and MTV you could be an exhibition sport for the X-Games in 2000. By 2001 we could see a starting line of Busa and ZX12 ice racers.

Move over Jawa,ROADKILLAN is here!

It could be sold to ESPN 2
as "The Good, the Bad, and the Dirty".

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 05 October 1999).]

FalconCop161 can you show up sunday or are you going to Canada to help Pete stud his tires?

Opps I forgot you speak Jersey, we will call up north Cadadia so you don't get lost.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 05 October 1999).]

Here in Norway at 70 degrees North ( take out your old Globe and try to see how far north I am living. U will be suprised, VERY suprised.)it snowed for the first time this Morning.
But who cares ? Like Dirty(and cold) Pete it didnt stop me from riding. Now the snow has melted but in a few weeks there will be so much snow that we only can ride snowmobiles ( but thats another story ).

Dirty Pete

72 degree's, tonight's low……sorry couldn't resist!

Hope your leg didn't mess up that busa!

Up in northern IL a couple nights ago I stopped at a supper club bar and had a beer. When I went out and was putting on my gear some people came in and said "getting ready for the drizzle?" I said "whaat?" On the 25 miles home in the dark the sleet was rain snow mixed. Nothing was sticking but I was sure worried about taking a slide.
It was kind of nice looking with the halo headlight though.
Man I like this bike :)

Back