150 HP

raymich

Registered
hello guys. A friend told me that he reach 150 HP with his busa. He has 14 inch over swing arm, 16 sprocket front, 46 rear and TRE.

can that be possible?

just wondering if you might possibly mean 150 MPH instead of HP?

150 hp
SHOCKED.gif
has to be stock..

150MPH in the 1/4? Mine has ran a best of 141.75 and I weigh 240. Stock arm with a pipe. I have heard of some ultra light riders going 150.

150HP at the rear wheel? Will depend on the Dyno. I have sheets from my bike on 2 different dynos that are 10hp apart.  150HP at the rear wheel with a stock engine would be in the ballpark on a stingy dyno with a eddy current load cell.

Busa's have 150+ HP (horsepower)
And finish the 1/4 mile going at 140+ MPH (Miles per Hour)
And do the 1/4 mile from about 9.7 to 10.4 seconds. Finishing the 1/4 mile at 150mph is definitely doable

I have not seen any Hayabusa's in nearly stock configuration running that fast.  Usually all in the 9 sec. range at 140+.  However....

Orient Express Turbo Hayabusa, 8.01 sec. 187 mph 1/4 mile

OrientExpressHayabusa.png

It just kills me to see these guys that weigh 135 lbs. soaking wet get on these drag bikes. Then I get on the street (weighing in at 240 in my drawers!) and expect I am going to go anywhere near as fast.

(raymich @ Mar. 01 2007,08:11) hello guys. A friend told me that he reach 150 HP with his busa. He has 14 inch over swing arm, 16 sprocket front, 46 rear and TRE.

can that be possible?
That sounds like the setup you need to run 150 mph in the quarter. Only question I would have is who did he rob to pay for a 14" over swingarm.

Who removed my Deiter? Didn't Raymich say 'sprocket' in his totally confusing thread starter? I'm surprised that this site is so closely monitored, controlled and censored. Such a philosophy is the antithesis of the concept of freedom, expression, and individuality embraced by motorcyclists in general and Hayabusa owners in particular. Whoever deleted Deiter must dahnce!!

deiter.jpg

(HiYaBruceA @ Mar. 02 2007,08:11) I'm surprised that this site is so closely monitored, controlled and censored. Such a philosophy is the antithesis of the concept of freedom, expression, and individuality embraced by motorcyclists in general and Hayabusa owners in particular.
You don't need to be rude, crude, or vulgar to be free, individual, and express yourself. Do not confuse freedom with anarchy.

(HiYaBruceA @ Mar. 02 2007,08:11) Who removed my Deiter? Didn't Raymich say 'sprocket' in his totally confusing thread starter? I'm surprised that this site is so closely monitored, controlled and censored. Such a philosophy is the antithesis of the concept of freedom, expression, and individuality embraced by motorcyclists in general and Hayabusa owners in particular. Whoever deleted Deiter must dahnce!!
I cleaned it up by removing some of the non-topic posts. Think about it. A new user makes a post with mistake on wording. It could have meant a couple of things. Someone says something smart and 10 guys jump on it like a pack of dogs. Is that the welcome to Hayabusa.org we after here? I know you guys were having fun, I like having fun as well. Sometimes teasing and having fun can be taken the wrong way. A person may not be familiar with some of the terms or have trouble expressing themselves in text. I didn’t admonish anyone over it, as I knew no malice was intended.

I’m sorry if I offended you. I'm dancing, so do I get to lead?  
cool.gif

Back