Gen 1 Sprocket question

I guess its not as critical as say when you are launching hard in a drag race.In LSR you can launch as carefully as you want? Is that correct? ...thanks Michael.
Rubb.
Hi Rubb. Well you have to launch as hard ad the track will take as the faster you get to speed longer you have to get to your top speed. It is like you are making the track longer. It is like if you start at the right side of a drag strip and go to the left side of the track then back to the right side you will reach a higher top speed but a slower time. You have made the track longer.

Mernin, rubb. I would have thought the same thing about "more steel=stronger chain" but I remember from my enquiry here on the org about what the best chain to buy is, the ZVX3 seemed to be favored over the Z3D and the ZVX3 is a little cheaper too.

I have a gold the Z3D on my ZX-14. I like it but I would have preferred the finish to be a darker gold. Looking at c10's videos, his new ZVX3 is a darker, more normal shade of gold. Paying more money for a Z3D mostly for appearance, the color of the gold is a small disappointment.

118 pins x 530 Z3D 5 lb, 13.1 oz.
118 pins x 530 ZZZ 5 lb, 11.9 oz.
116 pins x 530 OEM DID chain (don't know what model), 5 lb, 10.3 oz.

The replacement chains had an additional link which added to the weight. The Z3D is an ounce heavier than the ZZZ. I believe the ZVX3 is going to be almost exactly the same weight as the ZZZ was. We'll find out soon because I'm ordering a ZVX3 for my busa. The OEM chain was a couple ounces lighter but it also had one less link than the others. If you do the math to adjust for the extra link, I think the ZZZ is still a tiny bit heavier than the OEM chain. As you pointed out in one of these threads, that could be the extra weight of a brand new greased chain compared to an old worn chain.

The color of the Z3D doesn't look bad in pics. It's a bit paler in real life, I think.
View attachment 1627290View attachment 1627291

Thanks for the tip on the Robinson output shaft @michael parris heuberger I have that bookmarked. Maybe when I tear the motor apart someday.
Hi. It is a great set up for very high HP bikes but a lot of money it is $485.00. But it is needed for a bike like mine, That some day it will be all done and ready for me to race. I get get a lot of questions of who will ride it. I say me I would not spent all this $ for some one else to have all the fun.

Back