1397 Engine Mods

HP (is that House of Parliment? I love that steak sauce
tounge.gif
) What brand of cams? MegaCycles?

sounds wicked, man! I'm thinking about it, but I think I may be getting hooked on the turbo stuff. So much speed....so little time

sounds wicked, man! I'm thinking about it, but I think I may be getting hooked on the turbo stuff. So much speed....so little time
pac busa i thought hard about a turbo but just didnt think i needed 250plus horsepower. also my reasoning was i get the most fun 0 to 150 and wanted the torque immediatly from throttle stop to stop, i know turbos are much better now but i dont want to wait for it to spoolup. (jmho, no offense turbo guys). plus setting up and tuning a turbo can be tricky, and with a small increase in bore i dont think im running as much risk of engine damage as with a 1660 bore and stroke kit(also 4-5 grand more money).

Horse Power Junkie or to my buddies Heineken Please.
ive got JE Pistons and Web cams.
Heineken? Right, laddy, but I'll have a Guiness for yuoooo, tuoooo!
drink.gif

You know, I'm with you on the spool up thing. I like the twisties and the 210 for the curves is a whole lot more wholesome than boost by surprise in the turns.

You know, if you were to go into the bottom end and beef up the conrods you could expect as much if not more life than a stocker. A tweaked engine is only as good as the choice of its components.

Bottom end left alone and newly worked block and new pistons? Marginally less (+/-). All depending of course, on how you drive it.
wink.gif

You know, if you were to go into the bottom end and beef up the conrods you could expect as much if not more life than a stocker. A tweaked engine is only as good as the choice of its components.

Bottom end left alone and newly worked block and new pistons? Marginally less (+/-). All depending of course, on how you drive it.
wink.gif
agreed, i just ran out of descretionary spending. have other smaller mods on the way for this year.

On a slightly related topic (of modded engines lasting), a friend brought by his freshly-done (read: 2 days ago) 350 powered '93 S-10 longbed. Heading back to the shop @ about 140 & 6000rpm, we lost (I suspect) the intake gasket. Coolant in the oil, and all over the exhaust, which made for an excellent ½ mile long smoke show
tounge.gif

So it's true, it's all in how you drive it
cool.gif

Well, it is also HOW YOU ASSEMBLE IT!

I suspect someone hurried though his assembly process to make to horsepowers bend.

Now! He will have to lay out twice as much in the learning process. Ouch.

Sometimes funny. But sometimes dangerous. Variables are never the same.

pac busa i thought hard about a turbo but just didnt think i needed 250plus horsepower. also my reasoning was i get the most fun 0 to 150 and wanted the torque immediatly from throttle stop to stop, i know turbos are much better now but i dont want to wait for it to spoolup. (jmho, no offense turbo guys). plus setting up and tuning a turbo can be tricky, and with a small increase in bore i dont think im running as much risk of engine damage as with a 1660 bore and stroke kit(also 4-5 grand more money).
yeah....I figure if I come across 4-5k I'm gonna pick up another bike....my island is way too small for a turbo or a big bore kit. But if I ever leave this place....

you and me both cookie, no clue, maybe a new dual compound race tire mike installed .im the guinea pig agian dammit! lol
i think its a rag really.

Back