10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

At the end of the day , it just weighs what it is , and that would be a considered build bike that is a very polished transformed machine . Your bike is certainly sporting all the right handling mods bro , so , the resulting sum of all those parts is the best , trimmed ride , quality Busa around .

The weight considerations are because I am looking at further mods and I'm trying to decide if more weight loss should be a priority and where I need to lose it. I may put the stock wheels back on just to see if the positive handling is 99% due to the wheels or all the weight loss combined. I suspect it is the wheels as the exhaust & Ohlins were already on the bike and further weight loss would yield minimal improvements unless I went to the BST's. Per my post on the CG being raised, I was considering the CF airbox and Yoshi tank but I'm feeling this is not going to be a big performance difference.

I'm also reconsidering the bike being stripped. I really don't feel comfortable riding the speeds I do without the radar. I know it's not perfect but it's a psychological sort of security blanket. So I'm back to where to put it (tank bag, yuck).

To be honest, now that I got the first scratches on her, I'm finally over keeping it perfect - so I can ride it like I stole it again. The good roads are an 1-1/2 hour ride away and I need the radar on those trips.

The weight considerations are because I am looking at further mods and I'm trying to decide if more weight loss should be a priority and where I need to lose it. I may put the stock wheels back on just to see if the positive handling is 99% due to the wheels or all the weight loss combined. I suspect it is the wheels as the exhaust & Ohlins were already on the bike and further weight loss would yield minimal improvements unless I went to the BST's. Per my post on the CG being raised, I was considering the CF airbox and Yoshi tank but I'm feeling this is not going to be a big performance difference.

I'm also reconsidering the bike being stripped. I really don't feel comfortable riding the speeds I do without the radar. I know it's not perfect but it's a psychological sort of security blanket. So I'm back to where to put it (tank bag, yuck).

To be honest, now that I got the first scratches on her, I'm finally over keeping it perfect - so I can ride it like I stole it again. The good roads are an 1-1/2 hour ride away and I need the radar on those trips.
Did I miss a post?? I don't recall hearing of any scratches Willie.

Did I miss a post?? I don't recall hearing of any scratches Willie.
Got one on the left side panel where the vent hole is. When I stuffed it in the garage and laid it over on the kick stand I didn't realize it was resting on the fairing. Easy to fix.

I guess at the end of the day, it is a bike that is to be ridden. You did all that work on it, you might as well enjoy the fruits of that labor.

There are several Hayabusa bikes on this forum that live on the edge of what a Hayabusa can achieve being such an old design.

I personally am content at what my bike has to offer me, There are other bikes which are more capable and cutting edge but until Suzuki gets out of their box and comes up with a gen 3, I am happy with what I have.

I personally am content at what my bike has to offer me, There are other bikes which are more capable and cutting edge but until Suzuki gets out of their box and comes up with a gen 3, I am happy with what I have.

I don't constantly tinker with the Hayabusa because there is something wrong with it. I do it because I love to tinker with stuff, especially bikes. Usually with a bike when I run out of things to do to it I quickly get bored and sell it. I love to ride, but I get a bigger kick out of working on this or that aspect of the bike and then perfecting it so it's as good or better than OEM.

I know a lot of people here wonder what's so bad that I have to keep changing the OEM bike. Well the answer is nothing, I just love to work on the bike. And that's part of the reason the Hayabusa is the perfect bike for me. The options are endless with good, well designed, reliable aftermarket options to play with.

I wanted to be involved in motorcycle racing from a pretty young age but I always wanted to be a mechanic/designer on a race team, not the rider. Figuring out a mod strategy, unboxing these parts, playing with them, installing them, and then adjusting them so they work properly is big fun. Before I paid the last credit card bill I was thinking what can I play with next.

I don't constantly tinker with the Hayabusa because there is something wrong with it. I do it because I love to tinker with stuff, especially bikes. Usually with a bike when I run out of things to do to it I quickly get bored and sell it. I love to ride, but I get a bigger kick out of working on this or that aspect of the bike and then perfecting it so it's as good or better than OEM.

I know a lot of people here wonder what's so bad that I have to keep changing the OEM bike. Well the answer is nothing, I just love to work on the bike. And that's part of the reason the Hayabusa is the perfect bike for me. The options are endless with good, well designed, reliable aftermarket options to play with.

I wanted to be involved in motorcycle racing from a pretty young age but I always wanted to be a mechanic/designer on a race team, not the rider. Figuring out a mod strategy, unboxing these parts, playing with them, installing them, and then adjusting them so they work properly is big fun. Before I paid the last credit card bill I was thinking what can I play with next.

You have to have a hobby and that's for certain.

@fallenarch you've already went this far down the rabbit hole why stop now???? A bike such as yours should have the absolute best!!! Some people just won’t understand...... If you can afford it then get it!!!! Keep modding Keep improving u til there isn’t anything left to do on it. Then you will have closure that you’ve done everything within your power to improve and make it yours :beerchug:

I’d get the Yosh tank if I was you just because that’s like the holy grail of elite Busa parts. Your bike deserves it

Then I’d look into the CF airbox and or kickstand

I’d also get with @c10 and get anything titanium related that isn’t already on there Eye E nuts bolts & washers

Get all Montgomery Carbon Fiber parts for it! Tank, nose, fairings, tail section, sub frame, etc. Now that would lose some weight from the unit and look deadly with the exposed carbon. I know you said it's not you, but man are they light. You could always paint them as well.

Get all Montgomery Carbon Fiber parts for it! Tank, nose, fairings, tail section, sub frame, etc. Now that would lose some weight from the unit and look deadly with the exposed carbon. I know you said it's not you, but man are they light. You could always paint them as well.
I already have a lot of CF on the bike, not my favorite stuff for fairings unless weight is really important to you. Also my CF is blue and if you can find that its mad expensive. CF tank is dangerous on the streets.

If you read my thread from the start, my goal wasn't to get to a bike with the highest dollar parts it was to get to a better back road blaster. I'm looking now at electrical setup for things like radar.

Only big investments I'm seriously considering are BST wheels.

I already have a lot of CF on the bike, not my favorite stuff for fairings unless weight is really important to you. Also my CF is blue and if you can find that its mad expensive. CF tank is dangerous on the streets.

If you read my thread from the start, my goal wasn't to get to a bike with the highest dollar parts it was to get to a better back road blaster. I'm looking now at electrical setup for things like radar.

Your bike is pretty cool just the way it sits now in my opinion...

With your bike setup as well as it is now do u think the bst wheels still make much of a difference from the core moto rims arch??

If you want an accurate weight, load it on a truck or trailer, however you transport it, and take it to a truck stop with a certified scale. Weigh the combo, unload the bike and weigh the truck (or truck and trailer), the difference is your bike's weight.

I don't know but the CM wheels are night and day and the BSTs are lighter still, especially in the critical areas. I would love to ride @ROADTOAD1340 L2 to find out. But he won't bring her Stateside. I figure he's scared of my girl (lol). Seriously, there is still the strength issues with the BSTs, maybe that's in my head though.

Seriously though. Even if you don't ride your busa hard you will really appreciate lighter wheels. I would put it just below brakes and suspension as top mod.

I don't know but the CM wheels are night and day and the BSTs are lighter still, especially in the critical areas. I would love to ride @ROADTOAD1340 L2 to find out. But he won't bring her Stateside. I figure he's scared of my girl (lol). Seriously, there is still the strength issues with the BSTs, maybe that's in my head though.

Seriously though. Even if you don't ride your busa hard you will really appreciate lighter wheels. I would put it just below brakes and suspension as top mod.
What strength issues , BST have been making these wheels for many years now , you do have to be careful of pot holes etc. on the road , but that is also the case with any magnesium wheel I have also run over the years .
I look forward to the day you come over for a holiday for the meat pies , then between eating , you can ride the L2 bro .

If you want an accurate weight, load it on a truck or trailer, however you transport it, and take it to a truck stop with a certified scale. Weigh the combo, unload the bike and weigh the truck (or truck and trailer), the difference is your bike's weight.
Now that I have seen @c10 Weight I'm satisfied that mine is 530ish. I was shocked at the improved handling I am getting. My question was is it weight loss in general or the wheels. I can get a few more lbs in titanium but I now do not believe that will be a big impact. I think BSTs will have big difference but the bike is about 99% of my expectations now.

Not sure what the next phase is. I don't want more power without TC. Maybe I'll paint the BMW 2009 Silver? Lol!

What strength issues , BST have been making these wheels for many years now , you do have to be careful of pot holes etc. on the road , but that is also the case with any magnesium wheel I have also run over the years .
I look forward to the day you come over for a holiday for the meat pies , then between eating , you can ride the L2 bro .
Careful bro! One day I might show up on your door step. Not throwing shade at BST, they are the big daddy wheels for sure.

Back