1 lucky fool

Just goes to show, the one that ALWAYS has the right of way is the one that has THE LEAST TO LOSE....

Was that "caused" by the motorcycle or the van who began to cross in front of him? He did look to be speeding but who was the "cause"...

Hard to say cause you can't see the curvature of the road if there was any for the cager. Could have been a straight away and the cager didn't look far enough down the road or the road had a curve to it limiting his visibility :dunno:

Wow that guy was moving. I would say speed was a contributing factor. It could have been a long sweeper where the van could not see the bike coming. We would need to have the camera pan to the right to know for sure.

With all the accidents I have been to I have seen one thru thread.
"He with the most Lug-nuts WINS!!!"

I've seen an extended version of that and the rider was doin high speed runs up n down that stretch of road. I first thought the rider was gonna bit the van head on. Sum people have more balls than brains.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

Yeah hes lucky to have not hit the van but what were the extent of his injuries when he went off road? The van I think saw him and thought he's going normal speed I can make this turn. Then halfway thru it the driver of van realizes speed of bike and tries to stop and let biker pass. almost I say almost seems like the biker could have made it thru that if he'd been able to lean it over more?

The van did have his turn signal on, the bike was hauling ass!! Not everyone has speed and distant judgement. I have to give this fault to the biker.

Regardless of the bikes speed, he still had the right of way in his own lane.
100% vans fault failing to yield and caused the accident.

Regardless of the bikes speed, he still had the right of way in his own lane.
100% vans fault failing to yield and caused the accident.

Like Lankee said though. Let's say the van saw him and assumed he was doing speed limit and is a terrible judge of speed. If the bike had been going within legal limits maybe the van could have gone in front of him no prob but it appears at last min driver realized the speed and stopped. Kinda both of their fault isn't it?

I agree that the bike was going to way too fast for the conditions, but if you look at just about any state laws regarding 'failiure to yield', When making a left turn at an intersection or crossing center yellow lines, yield to ALL oncoming traffic is pretty much the norm.
I will go ahead and change my answer to 85% truck/25% bike fault.

I agree that the bike was going to way too fast for the conditions, but if you look at just about any state laws regarding 'failiure to yield', When making a left turn at an intersection or crossing center yellow lines, yield to ALL oncoming traffic is pretty much the norm.
I will go ahead and change my answer to 85% truck/25% bike fault.

I agree that is the way the law is. But at a certain point they do take speed into consideration and sometimes it is determined that the speed cause the accident not the one who failed to yield.

A girl was backing out of her driveway of her home and got creamed from the rear when she failed to yield the right of way. Investigators determined the oncoming car was doing 95mph in a 30 mph residential area. Girl was not citied there is no way she could see a car coming at that speed.

With out being able to see what the guy in the van could see no way to tell who is at fault wouldn't you agree.

You come around a turn with a 20 or 30 mph speed limit, but you know you can take it at 70 or 80 car pulls out on the other side and you crash into it or wreck taking evasive action. How can you give any fault to the cager. I am all for cager bashing god knows they give plenty of reason for it. But when motorcyclist turn the public roads into road course, you got the most to loose and you may end up getting all the blame also.

Face it ,bikers own fault,terrible judgement,high speed runs on a road that had sidestreets and traffic :rulez: but i hoped that he learned from it

Iv heard quite a few "stories" of bike versus cage accidents. And some of them the bike was going a lot faster than the speed limit. Nobody really knows how fast I am going except me. So if I am running 90mph out the interstate and some cage comes in to my lane doing 60 mph to pass the car in front of him and I slam into his back side, then its my fault. When the cager originally looked back before proceeding to change lanes I was way back and he had plenty of time, not knowing that I was on "a mission from god" (thanks to the blues brothers):laugh: and coming up on him 30mph faster than I was suppost to be. So my actions caused the accident, mission or not.:whistle:
I think the rider in the video was speeding which led to his accident. He may have had the right of way, but he didn't seem to be obeying the speed limit. But who knows?

Rat Queens Comedy GIF by Hyper RPG

Back