Joker

Registered
#1 Gun rule: 'Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to
fight, he'll just kill you.'

Well, here's the proof:

The 71-year-old retired Marine who opened fire on two robbers at a
Plantation, FL, sub shop late Wednesday, killing one and critically
wounding the other, is described as John Lovell, a former pilot for two
presidents. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he works out everyday.
Lovell was a man of action Wednesday night. According to Plantation
police, two masked gunmen came into the Subway at 1949 N. Pine Rd. Just
after 11 p.m. There was a lone diner -- Lovell , who was finishing his
meal. After robbing the cashier, the two men attempted to shove Lovell
into a bathroom and rob him as well. They got his money. But then Lovell
pulled his handgun, opened fire, shooting one of the thieves in the head
and chest and the other in the head. When police arrived, they found one
of the men in the shop. K-9 units found the other in the bushes of a
nearby business.

They also found cash strewn around the front of the sandwich shop
according to Detective Robert Rettig of the Plantation Police
Department. Both men were taken to Broward General Medical Center , where one, Donicio Arrindell , 22, of North Lauderdale died. The other,
21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale is in critical but
stable condition.

A longtime friend of Lovell was not surprised to hear what happened.
''He'd give you the shirt off his back, and he'd be mad if someone tried
to take the shirt off your back,'' he said. Lovell worked as a pilot for
the Marines, flying former Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B.
Johnson .

He later worked as a pilot for Pan Am and Delta. Lovell is not married
and does not have children.

He is not expected to be charged, authorities said ''He was in fear for
his life,'' Rettig said. 'These criminals ought to realize that most men
in their 70's have military backgrounds and aren't intimidated by
idiots. The only thing he could be charged with is participating in an unfair fight. One 71 -year young Marine against two punks.

Two head shots and one center-body-mass shot - good shooting! That'll teach them not to get between a Marine and his meal.

Don't you just love a story with a happy ending?

Not feeling any empathy for the two morons who but for their own actions caused one to have an early exit and one to suffer rehab probably for the rest of his life....

Oooooh Raaaah

Great job except he needed one more head shot for a perfect score.
Way to clean up the gene pool, :thumbsup:
Citizen of the year...:cheerleader:

Old man acted off instinct can't blame him for that, but I feel sorry for those guys. I bet when they say the gun they wished they could change time at that moment. Probably some young punks doing this for the first time. I come to this conclusion cause I didn't her anything about them having any weapons. My thoughts goes to their families.

And that's another thing why is people always trying to take other people things. Granted if they didn't try to rob the old they'll still be living. But it's should NEVER be a joyous occasion when ANYONE loses their life.

Old man acted off instinct can't blame him for that, but I feel sorry for those guys. I bet when they say the gun they wished they could change time at that moment. Probably some young punks doing this for the first time. I come to this conclusion cause I didn't her anything about them having any weapons. My thoughts goes to their families.

And that's another thing why is people always trying to take other people things. Granted if they didn't try to rob the old they'll still be living. But it's should NEVER be a joyous occasion when ANYONE loses their life.

I agree, unnatural death should never be a joyous occasion or cause for celebration. That said, these two losers were trying to rob a 71 year old man after he allowed them to rob the store and after he allowed them to get him in the bathroom to rob him. I genuinely believe he was in fear for his life.They were robbing the store so certainly they had to have weapons. I don't know Shean...I think when you decide to be a burden to society by stealing/robbing YOU need to understand that the price of failure may sometimes be death without the benefit of judge and jury. I find it difficult to share any sympathy for anyone except the older gentleman.

two scum bags commit an armed robbery and you feel sorry for them!

Unbelievable..:banghead:

Last edited:
I disagree. I take a great deal of pleasure when scum like this get killed in the performance of their work. I don't consider them to be people. They are not. I'm not sorry to believe this way. They are trash, some cleanup needed to be done, it was done forthwith and now we have one less predator on society. We're all just a little bit safer now.

Thank you, Marine, for continuing to protect this country from the animals.

--Wag--

I'm betting that subway doesn't get robbed again for a long time.

Stories such as this are why I am a huge proponent of concealed carry. Sounds like he was more than justified in what he did and sounds like he did it well.

I just hope that I am still that active, aware, and strong when I am in my 70's :beerchug:

Oh yeah, good on him :thumbsup:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
:firing:

I am sure the Marine is not happy that he killed someone, but those two idiots made that a reality when they decided to rob and hurt someone else. So no I am not celebrating a death, but an act of bravery.

MORE VIGILANTY JUSTICE! YEAH!!!!

Our courts FAIL! Time to stop bothering with useless laws and do the RIGHT THING.

Back