1/8th Mile Sprocket Set Up

DragWife777

Registered
I’ve read most of the 1/8th mile threads on here but wanted to see about this particular circumstance.
Gen 1 Busa currently running 15/46. I’ve seen a lot 16/43 and 16/44. What’s the best set up? We are redoing my husbands bike and just ordered a new swingarm. We want to maximize our potential and get the most out of the bike. He weighs around 300 lbs. Last pass was 6.38 @ 108 if I recall. Just want to get an idea of where we should be at as far as sprockets go.

That’s a hard one, go too low and even that big, can’t keep the nose down, or it spins. But you want lower gearing to get moving and into the powerband faster and through more gears in the 1/8. Me personally, I’d try a 16/44.

It's so hard to recommend a gear for someone as there riding style is what's important. Like if it's super aggressive throwing the clutch away or if he launches at redline and rides the clutch out what works for one doesn't work for others. What wheelbase is the bike going to be sitting at? Post a picture of the bike. How low is it?

It's so hard to recommend a gear for someone as there riding style is what's important. Like if it's super aggressive throwing the clutch away or if he launches at redline and rides the clutch out what works for one doesn't work for others. What wheelbase is the bike going to be sitting at? Post a picture of the bike. How low is it?
Hi. You will need more than one. I will be doing land speed. So ont the front gen 1 bike I have 18, 19, 20. On tje rear I have a 34 also hace a 44 as the bike will also run on the street. In the tranamision I have over drive 5th and 6th. For tires I have a 200/55/17 for the street a 200/50/17.

Watching Chris Moore videos he says to gear bike so you can pin throttle in first gear. If you cannot get to wide open ASAP you are leaving ET on the table. So if it bogs you need shorter gearing and if it's spinning or wheeling you need taller gearing.

Back