1/8th mile gear set up

ca1badptc

Registered
I have looked around and could not find any thing for a 1/8 mile gears set up.
We are putting my Busa motor in to a Jr Comp Dragster.
want to run 4 gears with RPM's around 9 to 10 thousand
the new roll out is 76 inches.
Thanks Ralph

16/45 would be my guess. I'm about 750 lbs and shift into 4th right before the traps. 16/44 is my set up.

Yes on a JR comp Dragster.
My son Turns 15 in march.
The Jr Comp's can run 6.90 in the 1/8th.
And then i can turn around and run it in the 1/4.

i get alot of crap on the 15. ive been running it for 2 years and have never had a problem. it works good for me and im sticking with it.

i get alot of crap on the 15. ive been running it for 2 years and have never had a problem. it works good for me and im sticking with it.

I"ve got a 15 on the shelf I"ve been wanting to try,I"m glad you said that, i think i will. As for the gearing on the jr dragster, theres no way you can go by what the bikes are running. the tires on that jr aint even close to the same diameter as the bikes:poke:

Agreed dragon, but the tires are gonna be a lot closer than jr dragster tires, and it's a place to start.

the roll outs on both bike tire and the new tire for the Jr.comp are within 1 inch of each other.

shows ya what i know about jr comp:whistle: that being the case, theres alot of stock sprockets laying around that could be had for small coin,and would be the cheap way to get a base line

THey run juniors Evansville fairly big program normaly 12--20 @ race.
when we were running 2 bike classes there was a couple J.D. faster than a couple street bikes.Most there dads race +they tune the beejeebes out of those carbs.

I think 7.90 is fast there allowed because most are under 16.
They dont have busa motors least these dont.

Back