1/8  Mile time for stock Hayabusa?

Mine has run in the mid 6:30's with me on it and I weigh 215. I do have slip-ons and a strap on the front.
A friend of mine ran a 6:27 on it, and several people I know have ran in the 6:teens.
I think the average would be around 6:20's..but that is just a guess.

I had a friend run mine (I'm fat, could only pull 7.2)

He ran a 6.40 with the wheel in the air... He could have pulled a 6.30 EASY with some more runs to get used to my setup (he's used to slammed, extended, and 17/42 gears; I had lowered on the middle hole, stock wheelbase, strap, 16/42 gears)

You guys cut the FAT stuff, NO Busa rider is FAT ! Fully Formed but NOT FAT  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 12 2006,20:26) You guys cut the FAT stuff, NO Busa rider is FAT ! Fully Formed but NOT FAT  
beerchug.gif
Okay, I'm not fat... I'm overly nutritious...

I run consistent 6.40's and 6.50s on mine, but I weigh 275 in full gear. My buddy ran 6.30 on mine when it was completely stock and not even lowered. I do believe that it was strapped, though........

I was able to run 6.38@115 stock with a strap with both Busas i had..... Most Busas at the track here run 6.30s to 6.70s.. It depends on what mods they have done and the rider skills ..So i would say Avg would be 6.50s@113...

My best 60 foot is a 1.9 and my best 1/8 is 7.0 but I was stock.  That was my second time at the track with the bike, only can run twice each time cause so many people.

(RU SURE @ Sep. 12 2006,15:18) Anyone have good guess on what that might be or what I might expect from a talented rider?
Okay boys, this guy is a friend of mine. I've had my bike down the track just 6 times. My best 1/8 has been a 7.2 with a 1.94 60'. I have never tried to drag race a bike before.
He has a '04 Cobra with some minor mods and is running 7.7
First he wanted me to spot him 1.5 in the 1/8. Now he's backed down to 1.0
He knows my times, and I know his.

His point is it's not his fault that I can't ride very good yet.
He thinks I should spot him what the bike should do with a experienced rider. Yeah, that's lame!!!

So he's going to come on my board knowing I will see this. Maybe he's wanting to cast a few stones?

Rip it up Josh. I don't think you'll get what you're looking for buddy. The Busa boys are a tight group!
Man up and take my .7 offer. I'd have to knock .2 off my time to even make it close.

(busa_bill @ Sep. 12 2006,19:25)
(RU SURE @ Sep. 12 2006,15:18) Anyone have good guess on what that might be or what I might expect from a talented rider?
Okay boys, this guy is a friend of mine. I've had my bike down the track just 6 times. My best 1/8 has been a 7.2 with a 1.94 60'. I have never tried to drag race a bike before.
He has a '04 Cobra with some minor mods and is running 7.7
First he wanted me to spot him 1.5 in the 1/8. Now he's backed down to 1.0
He knows my times, and I know his.

His point is it's not his fault that I can't ride very good yet.
He thinks I should spot him what the bike should do with a experienced rider. Yeah, that's lame!!!

So he's going to come on my board knowing I will see this. Maybe he's wanting to cast a few stones?

Rip it up Josh. I don't think you'll get what you're looking for buddy. The Busa boys are a tight group!
Man up and take my .7 offer. I'd have to knock .2 off my time to even make it close.
Your thinking is right> hold your ground and you got a great race!!!

Bone stock the Busa is a slug in the 1/8th mile. To tall of gears to launch the thing decent and unless you strap the front mine will wheelie the length of the track no problem. Just ask the owners up here in Maine they said cut that crap out LOL. A gear change would wake it up alot and strp the front end to cut down on wheelies. I used to run 6.7 with my GSXR 1100 and best I could get out of my Busa (and really hard on the clutch) was a 7.1 My GSXR 750 ran that. The Busa clutch feels weird when you try and drag race it. I know there are alot of mods out there to make it a little more friendly and still ride on the street well.

(race24x @ Sep. 13 2006,10:13) Bone stock the Busa is a slug in the 1/8th mile. To tall of gears to launch the thing decent and unless you strap the front mine will wheelie the length of the track no problem. Just ask the owners up here in Maine they said cut that crap out LOL.  A gear change would wake it up alot and strp the front end to cut down on wheelies. I used to run 6.7 with my GSXR 1100 and best I could get out of my Busa (and really hard on the clutch) was a 7.1 My GSXR 750 ran that. The Busa clutch feels weird when you try and drag race it. I know there are alot of mods out there to make it a little more friendly and still ride on the street well.
The clutch has been my biggest problem. It's hard to slip it for a long time. I wind up letting it all the way out before I'm ready.

You guys also have to keep in mind of what elevation your at as well.

Example: If you live in Denver Colorado, obviously your times are going to be much slower than compared to someone elses time at sea-level.  

Just something to keep in mind.  
cool.gif

i am 340 fully dressed and i can only muster a 6.57 at 110 . I am 5.5 over piped, pc'd 16\42 weight is a killer

Back