1/8 mile times. 56,000 mile busa

KvHotDog4

Registered
I have to start off by saying I impressed myself so to all you drag racers who are going to hate on my times you suck lol.

This was the second time I have raced. The first time was at the 35,000 mile marker on the odometer, KN filter and TRE. My weight was 185 - 190 my best for that night was a 6.987 and 108 mph. I was running a steady 7.1

Last night, bike now has 55,800 miles on the odometer, KN filter, TRE, Power Commander, Full muzzy exhaust and now my weight is 160 - 165. On the downside I am +1 on the front sprocket now. My best time was 6.808 at 112 mph :cheerleader: :cheerleader: I made 11 passes and my slowest was a 7.2 which I was experimenting so really it shouldn't count lol. They were all mostly in the 6.84 - 6.94 range.

I didn't think that was too bad for my second time racing and for a Busa with 55,800 miles on her, just goes to show these engines are bullet proof if you take care of them :thumbsup:

I really don't know if those are good on 1/8 . 1/4 mile is the only legit drag racing 9.6 1/4 mile with 45k on my 04

I really don't know if those are good on 1/8 . 1/4 mile is the only legit drag racing 9.6 1/4 mile with 45k on my 04

If he lives in a place like i do, They only have 1/8th mile tracks lol. We have 3 1/8th mile tracks and NO 1/4 mile tracks with in 2hrs lol.

As long as your having fun thats what counts the most. You'll improve with more seat time if you really get into it. Going to the drag strip more addictive than crack. :thumbsup:

Great times man you will get faster the more you go :thumbsup:I will never understand why people think a sportbike is only good for 5K miles The Japanese build these things bullet proof as long as you keep the maintenance up on them they will run forever.What you did is a testament to Japanese engineering :beerchug:

I have access to one of the best tracks in the world but I would never tell any racer that can only make a run on 1/8 mile track what you just did.
So you must think the NHRA is not doing any legit drag racing also ??? The multi million $$ funny cars and dragsters only race on 1000' foot tracks now a days and not 1/4 mile.

KvHotDog4 - good running and glad to hear your having fun running your bike hard and racking up the miles. Keep it going :thumbsup:

20080905strip3.jpg

Back