08 Busa Problems Already!!!

I wonder where in the wire bundle the chaffing is! I guess i will have to inspect when I get home!

dunno.gif
use to refer to this as a Bell Curve. When somethings new it has trouble, those bugs get worked out and things go smooth until it wears out and trouble starts again. I had to get a few things squared away on my '06 too. Just had the tank hinge welded a few weeks ago. The dealership did it under warranty even though the warranty was a few weeks out.

This is why I would not buy a new 08 Busa I normally buy a bike after it has been out for aleast 2 years this way the company has the first 2 years to work out the bugs.

As we all know, "If it has tits or tires...."

I was glad to see the dealer went and picked the bike up and already have the parts on order.

thumb_up.gif
Suzuki

Surprise...surprise....you posting something good about the 08 BUSA...
pillepalle.gif

Aren't you out of Hatorade yet...?
rofl.gif

Someone on a BUSA must have done something real bad to you...
lol1.gif
Indeed...
rock.gif

And why did Cap have to edit the post??
rock.gif
rock.gif

Been waiting to use this one...

ban.gif

Go back and troll over at SH.org, I haven't seen you post anything positive here since I joined. You're basically just a waste of bandwidth...
tissue.gif
tissue.gif
tissue.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

tissue.gif

tissue.gif

Surprise...surprise....you posting something good about the 08 BUSA...  
pillepalle.gif

Aren't you out of Hatorade yet...?  
rofl.gif

Someone on a BUSA must have done something real bad to you...    
lol1.gif
Indeed...
rock.gif

And why did Cap have to edit the post??  
rock.gif

rock.gif

Been waiting to use this one...

ban.gif

Go back and troll over at SH.org, I haven't seen you post anything positive here since I joined. You're basically just a waste of bandwidth...    
tissue.gif

tissue.gif

tissue.gif
Shibumi Cap edited it because my link was bad ..Just ask him...

Shibumi Go back and look at my posts , i don't bash the busa. I may poke fun or just fill you in on info that you may not know but i'll never say a bike sucks or your bike is crap ..I like the busa hell man i have had two Busas and was looking to buy an 08 Busa but i can't stand the look of the rear end. I had cash waiting to buy a new Busa and i even went to the dealer to take a second look at the 08.. I have owned more zookys in the last 37 years than any other brand ... Brand make no difference to me and i buy what i like... hondas, zooks yamaha, kawi...You can say my zx14 sucks all day long and i'll tell you the same thing , it's the best bike i have ever owned ..I'm not easy on motorcycles and this one has taken a beating without a single problem..
I would still buy an 08 busa if someone comes up with a fix for the tail , maybe a kit to put the 07 tail on the 08 and i would go of that...
ThumbsUp.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

tissue.gif

tissue.gif

The guy cut some wires...Read the entire thread..here it is in his own words...

But once i actually think about the problem...it may in fact be my own fault...i cut the wires that go to the license plate light go because i took the plastic bracket off that came with it...I didn't tape of the wires ( i did the same thing on my 06gsxr 750 and had no problems) and just tucked them away....possibly this caused it??  Or maybe not?...I'm sick to my stomach because i waited two months for this bike and have it for 2 days and now it's in the shop..but i will be back soon...i didn't tell the shop about my wire cutting extravaganza...lol....if they don't say anything i won't either....."

My 08 misses 6th gear if I am light on the shift and will drop back to fifth - key is SHIFT it like you MEAN it. I do not see this as an issue as many of my other bikes would jump gears if not fully in place, this ahas only happened twice in the first 530 miles and i know it was rider input, as were the snipping of the wiring system. I know I am a Chef and not a mechanic, that is why I won't own a Harley. I also bought the extended warranty as I knew it was a first year so that if something does go wrong, Suzuki will take care of it. That goes for the gap insurance as well so IF something happens, I have covered my ASSets...
Food for thought

Have over 500 miles on my 08 now.no problems at all.Except trying to find all the fastening spots to remove the fairing for an oil change.

Back