08 Busa Clutch basket bolts

wat1000

Registered
To all

Question I have an 08 Busa and the other day the bolts for the clutch basket backed out. After talking with the dealership in NC where I bought the bike, I was told this was a common problem I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. If so I think Suzuki needs to be made aware of this and make a recall for this. Thanks

~Wat1000 GONE~

Thanks man I went inside the clutch case the other day and tighten all the bolts and also put lock tight on them. Put a new gasket on it and changed the oil, she is back in the fight.

true true I pulled it apart Wed night and did it. all the bolts I pulled them out with my hand. None of them was tight. After I finished the job I QA her before making a good hard fast run with her. She is back in the game. :cheerleader:

With Loctite Red you will have to heat the bolts with a torch to remove them. If you dont you will snap the heads off of the bolts when you try to remove them.

hi guys, im having the same problem with my 08 busa with the knocking noise from the clutch. can you guys teach me how to fix it from a video something?, im really bad at tearing things apart. please??? =)

hi guys, im having the same problem with my 08 busa with the knocking noise from the clutch. can you guys teach me how to fix it from a video something?, im really bad at tearing things apart. please??? =)

no vid, but there is a tutorial here for fairing removal.

once you get the side fairing off, remove the bolts around the cover. have a pan under the cover to catch a lil of the oil thats gonna run out. then you will see the bolts. there are 6 of them, do one at a time. pull it out, put blue loctite on it, put it back in torque to spec.

Back