'08 Brake Test Comparo

geeze... someone got their panties in a wad... woke up on the wrong side of the busa today did we?

cheese.gif

The posted link doesnt take me to the test procedure and data analysis. I really need to see how the new Busa stops equally well as my Brembo equipped 999
rock.gif

The posted link doesnt take me to the test procedure and data analysis. I really need to see how the new Busa stops equally well as my Brembo equipped 999  
rock.gif
I'm contacting the rag to see if I can get PDFs of the article to provide. Seems like the right thing to do, anyway, at this juncture.

It's interesting to see which units were chosen for the tests and report.

Overall, a good read.

Back to the subject, I don't like the Brakes on the '08 at all. I don't have the cofidence in them as I do my ZX14 (btw are the best stock brakes on a bike I've ever felt) or my R1. In fact I've already been in a situation where I had to make a sudden stop and I was scared that the bike wasn't going to stop. Never had that feeling on my other two bikes. But like warchild said, its an easy fix. I don't care what this article said, to me the brake don't instil confidence at all.

Come spring time, I will have a new set up for braking whether it be jsut pads, or a whole new system.
well sell the busa then and go elsewhere with yourself
Why is this thread producing so much anger?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Why is this thread producing so much anger?[/quote]
POST-HO: Post holiday traumatic stress syndrome
sad.gif
?

Easy.... it's simply the Human Condition at play.
cool.gif

The scenario is a common one to ALL established bike forums, included the two that I am Admin for... and it goes like this:

When a new generation of the bike is produced, a new membership order starts to appear at the doorstep of a forum. This new membership may or may not fit the personality mold of the established forum membership. Generally it does (unless the bike has been substantially changed), but it is still an issue of the new guard melding with the old guard.

Invariably, folks from the new guard may make observations and comments about the new bike that old guard interprets as being negative to the marque. This is, of course, complete horsecock, because the observations are just that - one's personal observations. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But it is at this point that the "fanboys" come out and try to slap down or otherwise run roughshod over the new members in an effort to establish the status quo. Sometimes, it works. Other times, the fanboys get bìtch-slapped into the next zip code by the new members who don't put up with their bull$hit demands to "be quiet", or "stop saying bad things", or "conform to our attitude/demeanor", or what-have-you.

Aggravating the problem is the fact that the forum demographic is heavy with the 25-45 year-old range of alpha-dog males who just want to be confrontational, or feel the need to established their territory much the same way a dog pees around the perimeter of his home to mark his territory.

Same thing happens in every bike forum.... we're no different here.
dunno.gif

For some real fun and entertainment, you should see the, um, "unbridled passion"
sadnews.gif
that is occurring over on the Kawasaki Concours forums. The new C14 is a vastly different machine than that ancient-ass '86-'06 Concours - much, MUCH more performance-oriented than the previous bike. It is attracting a whole different demographic, one that is typically younger, has more disposable income, and is less tolerate of personalities in general.
If you think there are sparks here, you should see those two camps interact. We are all fresh milk and sunshine here compared to that crowd....
laugh.gif

cool.gif

The scenario is a common one to ALL established bike forums, included the two that I am Admin for... and it goes like this:

When a new generation of the bike is produced, a new membership order starts to appear at the doorstep of a forum. This new membership may or may not fit the personality mold of the established forum membership. Generally it does (unless the bike has been substantially changed), but it is still an issue of the new guard melding with the old guard.

Invariably, folks from the new guard may make observations and comments about the new bike that old guard interprets as being negative to the marque. This is, of course, complete horsecock, because the observations are just that - one's personal observations. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But it is at this point that the "fanboys" come out and try to slap down or otherwise run roughshod over the new members in an effort to establish the status quo. Sometimes, it works. Other times, the fanboys get bìtch-slapped into the next zip code by the new members who don't put up with their bull$hit demands to "be quiet", or "stop saying bad things", or "conform to our attitude/demeanor", or what-have-you.

Aggravating the problem is the fact that the forum demographic is heavy with the 25-45 year-old range of alpha-dog males who just want to be confrontational, or feel the need to established their territory much the same way a dog pees around the perimeter of his home to mark his territory.

dunno.gif

For some real fun and entertainment, you should see the, um, "unbridled passion"  
sadnews.gif
 that is occurring over on the Kawasaki Concours forums. The new C14 is a vastly different machine than that ancient-ass '86-'06 Concours - much, MUCH more performance-oriented than the previous bike. It is attracting a whole different demographic, one that is typically younger, has more disposable income, and is less tolerate of personalities in general.
If you think there are sparks here, you should see those two camps interact. We are all fresh milk and sunshine here compared to that crowd....  
laugh.gif
..and here I was thinking that we just weren't drinking enough
all_coholic.gif

laugh.gif
RSD.

laugh.gif

cool.gif

dunno.gif

sadnews.gif
laugh.gif
Wow, I think Warchild and I joined this forum about the same time. I do more reading here than writing. I have a pretty significant engineering/physics background, but am continually amazed at how much I learn here. (lots of smart people)

I have a 2008 Busa that I think the world of, but am not quite as passionate about this subject matter. I'm glad to see some are, and that members have a difference of opinion on some things. Whether I agree or not with information, I think it's good to post it. Give me the information, Ill decide if I use it.

I have communicated with some very nice and helpful people here and am curious about the background of others. I look forward to attending this years BusaBash(already have my reservations at Fontana).

Warchild, Dude....you are serious, passionate, knowlegeable, and experienced in the subject matter. How do you find the time to stay on top of all this?(Many forums, many topics,great pics with details and still find time to modify your bike). Is this part of your day job, or just a serious hobby.   Consider this my being nosy, and a compliment as to your significant contributions in the short time you have been here.

Warchild, Dude....you are serious, passionate, knowlegeable, and experienced in the subject matter. How do you find the time to stay on top of all this? Is this part of your day job, or just a serious hobby.
The latter.
thumb_up.gif

Riding is the lifeblood that keeps me alive.
heart.gif
Usually riding looooooog distances. I am the Chief Technical Inspector for the Iron Butt Association. We don't have a lot of Busa's in that community. Yet.
cool.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
..and here I was thinking that we just weren't drinking enough [/quote]

Always a possibility, that.
laugh.gif

Warchild, Dude....you are serious, passionate, knowlegeable, and experienced in the subject matter. How do you find the time to stay on top of all this? Is this part of your day job, or just a serious hobby.
The latter.    
thumb_up.gif

Riding is the lifeblood that keeps me alive.  
heart.gif
 Usually riding looooooog distances. I am the Chief Technical Inspector for the Iron Butt Association. We don't have a lot of Busa's in that community. Yet.  
cool.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
..and here I was thinking that we just weren't drinking enough [/quote]

Always a possibility, that.    
laugh.gif
[/quote]
Thanks for some insight buddy!, I have had bikes most of my life since 6th grade, always liked them, but appreciate those with a true passion for them.

Back