08 09 Cam's

It's not worth the trouble. If you are going to spend the money port the head and do it right. You may even bump the compression or if you want stock cc get high comp pistons...

Thats the answer I was looking for. Couldnt figure out if it was worth just doing a cam. How much labor is it to put in high comp pistons and .378 web cam? Obviously not somethign I can do in my garage (not mechanically inclined enough to touch motor) so try ing to figure a price for stealership or another buddy of mine to do.

I wouldn't go with a generic setup. Since you are in PA, I would travel to Carpenter Racing or have Knecum build it for you.

I had plans on heading up to Powerhouse to have the bike tuned at the end of summer but wanted to look into this option before tuning with him. Both Carpenter and Powerhouse are 3hrs away from me so wanna plan out options before finalizing anything. Been wanting to do the 1441 kit from carpenter for awhile but at $4400 id rather save alittle more and do a turbo setup.

Trust me Im well aware of that. Which is why im looking for a slightly less expensive way to get some extra hp. Dont wanna do the 1441 kit cause from what im gathering its not a huge improvement for the money. Still on fence for cams and high comp pistons.

nitrous, cheaper and faster for the money. see knecum and the guys down that way. 4acp does ecu flashing and will save you some loot too...

Funny as I am researching for cam and head info, i find this thread that I created

I havent had any motor work done just a bad ass tune by the cheese man. 193 rwp AH full system bmc air filter but considering getting heads and cams

according to carpenters websiate he is seeing 220 rwhp on cams and head work. anyone running that setup? reliablity is most important to me and constant nos fill ups just isnt worth the trouble for me

I've got a good guy in dallas for you to hook up with for the work. He'll use whichever parts you want. I can tell you he has a couple different versions of 1441 busas in his own garage and has seen some impressive numbers.

Hey crawler sent you a PM about that info. Looking foward to see what your guy has done. does anyone know how much HP a gen 2 1430 will make seems a bit safer than going all the way with 1441

Hey crawler sent you a PM about that info. Looking foward to see what your guy has done. does anyone know how much HP a gen 2 1430 will make seems a bit safer than going all the way with 1441

What kind of racing do you do and what class?

Nothing really track related, I hit the drags maybe a few times a year I more of twistes kind of guy even though thats pretty hard to find out here. but I would like more power JC tunned the bike. So basically a street bike thats ridden pretty aggresively without saying too much :laugh: its already geared and i still want more just switched to -2 +3 was riding -1 +3 for a while. this is my second gen 2 I have put in over 25k miles -1 and up 3 its just doesnt seem like enough. Ok enough of the background info but you get the picture

lol going back to my -1 +3 setup, I coudlnt effectively use that torque in 2nd maybe if Iwas stretched.

but no fun at all got my ass handed to me last night. massive wheelies arent fun when u want to go fast. Oh well time to open her up I will start a new thread once I find a good builder and get the ball rolling.

Back