06 value

In re: “Sorry but just because it was declared the fastest bike 20 years ago doesn’t mean you jack up the asking price $3,000........”

I don’t believe asking 6K for a Gen 1 is jacking up the price 3K.

I was speaking in general terms.... Do you need me to be specific for each GEN1 Busa I am talking about? He’s asking 6 and the bike is worth 4 maybe 4,500 on a good day. Seen listings for Gen1’s at $7,500!!! Bike is still worth only 4 grand don’t matter what slip on pipe you put on it. That’s a $3,500 mark up. 2 thousand 3 thousand it’s all too many thousands for an old ass plain Jane Gen1

I gave up on an 06. I found a new black 18 for $12,500 OTD with tax and all. Not sure I want to pay that much. I rather pay a grand more and get a 19. They are listed on cycle trader for 12,999.

I gave up on an 06. I found a new black 18 for $12,500 OTD with tax and all. Not sure I want to pay that much. I rather pay a grand more and get a 19. They are listed on cycle trader for 12,999.

Aside from “Bold New Graphics” there isn’t anything new on the 2019’s. So if you can get an 18 cheaper might as well get that. There’s a whole bunch of leftover Busa’s up my way 15,16,17’s + going for $10,999 if that. The 13’s and up came with the Brembo Calipers. The only thing they sets them apart from the 08-12’s

If you got a pickup truck U haul rents bike trailers for $15 a day. Head north...... take a weekend trip and save thousands :beerchug:

These bikes aren’t rare or hard to come bye how and why do you feel your 13-15 year old bike is worth 3 grand less than when it was brand new on the dealership floor???

I am still dreaming and window shopping but am acutely aware of the attempted fleecing performed by used vehicle owners. Thus I am completely with you. But we also must take inflation into account before doing any comparison. I used an online inflation calculator and looked up the MSRP of the bike. So here are values from 2006 converted into today's dollars:

2006 dollars MSRP $11,099
2019 dollars $13,824.59

Let us say the owner made the purchase at a Discount of $2k:

2006 purchase price $9,099
2019 dollars $11,33345

So everyone can apply their personal used vehicle standard depreciation against the current dollar values.

Something to factor into that: A magazine article did a comparison and several of the bikes in the 12k range today (in addition to being much better) were something like $1500 cheaper than similar bikes in 1999, after factoring in inflation. So like some here who decided to purchase the brand new bike may have perceived, if the owner of the used bike refuses to adjust for this reality, the new bike becomes a much better value.

Lastly, markets vary so much. In the south there are some great prices throughout. In the Midwest US bike prices, from used to new, are sky high. Someone must be getting those prices, right?

You can try using this current listing in your negotiation:

Mobile AL Hayabusa.png

Good point on traveling to save money, that's something I do frequently. There are deals to be had, just gotta go get them.
Regarding used vehicles, bikes included, they're worth exactly what someone is willing to give for them. Not more, not less. Inflation and original price are irrelevant.
that's what drives me nuts... like people who paid 80-90 grand for a gt350 ford mustang... ill never understand why someone would pay MORE than sticker price.... more money than brains I guess

that's what drives me nuts... like people who paid 80-90 grand for a gt350 ford mustang... ill never understand why someone would pay MORE than sticker price.... more money than brains I guess
Percieved value. It's worth that much to them. As with any other transaction, the participants see something of value to them within it. That car may not be worth more than sticker price to you or I, but it is to the person who bought it.

Percieved value. It's worth that much to them. As with any other transaction, the participants see something of value to them within it. That car may not be worth more than sticker price to you or I, but it is to the person who bought it.
maybe... the possibility also exists that they cant distinguish between reality and fantasy.... a healthy mind shouldn't allow themselves to be ripped off (its not fair to price gouge)

Says the guy who spends 20 k for a broken bike....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

@08BusaKY just thought of you when I saw this posted in your state.

View attachment 1593356
Thanks, I saw that although I do not see it listed now. If I buy used I want it as close to stock as possible. I don't like the chrome wheels or the exhaust. I also would rather be under 10,000 miles. I am keeping my eyes open. I also would like to see the new grey and red 19 in person. They are not in dealers yet and probably won't be until February/March sometime. I also do not want a lowered Busa.

Thanks, I saw that although I do not see it listed now. If I buy used I want it as close to stock as possible. I don't like the chrome wheels or the exhaust. I also would rather be under 10,000 miles. I am keeping my eyes open. I also would like to see the new grey and red 19 in person. They are not in dealers yet and probably won't be until February/March sometime. I also do not want a lowered Busa.
man..... that's a hell of a deal to let go because of a few bolt ons though.... think it through man.

As stock as possible and 10k miles sounds a lot like you are describing @jellyrug ‘s bike. :laugh:

Back