06 value

08BusaKY

Registered
I can get this 06 that is stock aside from slip-ons. It has 11k on the clock. It has new tires, chain and sprockets in the last 1600 miles.
He wanted 7k but will go down to 6500. It still seems a little high to me...thoughts? He is also throwing helmet, jacket, cover in. That doesn't mean anything to me though.

Thx...
untled.png

KBB sz the book values are $4,200-$6,100

NADA sz $4,200-$5,500

His asking price depends on just how pristine it is. Other Gen 1s and even Gen 2s are not bringing that high of price. I’ve had my 06 LE since new and with 63,000+miles it’s been trouble free. If I really wanted an original pristine Gen 1 and this one fit the bill I’d try negotiating a price that might be close to his asking. Good luck.

I wouldn't go over 6k tops. This is completely stock. Down play the slip ons. You could have choice of really nice bikes with upgrades for 7k. This guy wants the most 4 his bike which is understandable but he has been unable to sell for that price. Offer 5k if u like it. Then go $5500 take it or leave it.

Thanks for the info. I won't pay what he is asking. I'm in no hurry the right one will come along. Also since I had two Gen2's I would rather stick with them. But if I see a deal on a nice Gen 1 I will go for it....

I can get this 06 that is stock aside from slip-ons. It has 11k on the clock. It has new tires, chain and sprockets in the last 1600 miles.
He wanted 7k but will go down to 6500. It still seems a little high to me...thoughts? He is also throwing helmet, jacket, cover in. That doesn't mean anything to me though.

Thx...
View attachment 1592091
Back when I didn’t think I was going to get my bike back I was looking for a pristine 06 like this one. I have OCD and I am terrible with change so I had to replace it with the exact Year and color scheme and mileage. Finding and 06 Blue/Silver with 12-13k was damn near impossible. My limit for the “one” was $6,000 and I am a nut job. I would say everyone’s evaluation is spot on and you prefer the gen 2 as you said so best to pass.
.....and I just realized it’s you 08!!!! Your swinging back into the Busa scene sooo quick!! Lol

Thx...
View attachment 1592091
Go on a road trip and offer this guy $7k for this 2012. The price on that gen1 seems high to me.
https://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/d/parrish-2012-suzuki-hayabusa-1340r/6788110729.html

Way Way Way too much.....

Plenty of Gen2’s around my way to be had for around 6k. I still can’t for the life of me understand why people are still trying to tax for Gen1 Busa’s??? :banghead:

I could see if it’s got a chit ton of aftermarket goodies and super low miles but guys are asking Gen2 prices for them for what? A stock Gen1 Busa and a slip on pipe!?!? GTFOH

The ONLY Gen1 I could see paying that much for is Ann unmolested 99 Coppertop :beerchug:

Way Way Way too much.....

Plenty of Gen2’s around my way to be had for around 6k. I still can’t for the life of me understand why people are still trying to tax for Gen1 Busa’s??? :banghead:

I could see if it’s got a chit ton of aftermarket goodies and super low miles but guys are asking Gen2 prices for them for what? A stock Gen1 Busa and a slip on pipe!?!? GTFOH

The ONLY Gen1 I could see paying that much for is Ann unmolested 99 Coppertop :beerchug:

Damn Sam Whaddya got against Gen 1s? They reigned King for eight years and are still at least as modifiable as a Gen 2 and not exactly slow compared to one stock.

Damn Sam Whaddya got against Gen 1s? They reigned King for eight years and are still at least as modifiable as a Gen 2 and not exactly slow compared to one stock.

Got nothing against Gen1’s....... clearly cause I’ve owned 1 for the past 9 years and don’t plan on getting rid of it.

Stock vs Stock the Gen2 is the newer, faster, superior model. So why the price gouging? There isn’t anything desirable or collectible about a mid 2000’s Gen1 Busa. They are literally a dime a dozen...... Everytime I look on CL or Cycle trader someone is asking $6 or 7 grand for a random run of the mill Gen1. Right above or below it a Gen2 is listed with the same mileage/ accessories within a couple hundred dollars of their asking price.???

These bikes aren’t rare or hard to come bye how and why do you feel your 13-15 year old bike is worth 3 grand less than when it was brand new on the dealership floor??? How is a 2005 Busa with cheesy chrome spiked handlebars worth the exact same asking price as a 2012 Busa?

Sorry but just because it was declared the fastest bike 20 years ago doesn’t mean you jack up the asking price $3,000........

In re: “Sorry but just because it was declared the fastest bike 20 years ago doesn’t mean you jack up the asking price $3,000........”

I don’t believe asking 6K for a Gen 1 is jacking up the price 3K.

Back