Not your usual sprocket ??????

FastRash

Registered
Ok guys I have an 06 Busa with about 9500 miles on it. I am wanting to switch front and rear sprockets. I will decide exactly what I am going to do teeth wise in the next few weeks. Tentatively I am thinking of goin-1 on the front and +2 in the rear. Here is my question aside from the sprockets and a new chain what other parts will I need to replace or would it be smart for me to replace while I am having this done? Thanks again FastRash:bowdown:

A 16/42 is a good combo on a Gen1 busa. I had it on mine 4 a while and it made a noticeable difference. There's a website that calculates the difference in sprockets. All I can tell you is your gonna lose top speed which a busa can afford 2 do :laugh: and it should feel quicker. Your gonna drop a few mpg's as well. If you have a speedo healer you will need 2 make adjustments and if you don't add that 2 the list because that combo will throw off your speedometer. Mine was off almost 10mph after doing it. Overall it was a nice way 2 change up the ride of my busa and make it come alive and have a little bit more pep in the lower RPM's. I only did new chain, front and rear sprockets.

Maybe look into replacing your cush drives too? I'm about to do the same thing. I just ordered new tires (Pilot Road 4s) and I'm going to go 16/42 with the sprockets as well as new chain and Sensei cush drives. I'm excited to feel the difference!

If you have an extra couple hundred bucks you could also upgrade 2 ceramic wheel bearings....:whistle:

Welcome to the clan Rash.

What does this mean? Little too broad. Your bike is 8 yrs old, but only 10K miles is pretty low.

SuperSprox Stealth Sprocket & Chain: Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto

I bought the bike 2 months ago with 7500 miles on it so I be ridin- lol. I have already added a Muzzy full exhaust and power commander 3 with new map and its given me more power. I want more street power for stop light to stop light power or short interstate runs. I've only broke 150 with this thing so High end speed isnt as important now.

I bought the bike 2 months ago with 7500 miles on it so I be ridin- lol. I have already added a Muzzy full exhaust and power commander 3 with new map and its given me more power. I want more street power for stop light to stop light power or short interstate runs. I've only broke 150 with this thing so High end speed isnt as important now.

2 up in rear will do just that! Front wheel will be coming off the ground when you power out of corners.

Back