05 r1 and 06 busa motor difference

1098r is like 40k right? I mean come on 20-40k for a crouch rocket..... Seems more like a status thing to me

That 40k buys you a WSB spec bike. Forged magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX Shock, Race Forks, upgraded everything, full akrapovic system and a full spec race pipe and air filter as well as a second ECU for the race kit. Oh yeah and 180hp on a bike that weighs 364lbs. Here is a direct quote from their website: "The 1098 R is the ultimate Superbike. The most advanced, most powerful twin-cylinder motorcycle ever built. It is the product of a team of designers and engineers focussed on one objective only—to win." Now, try and replicate that with a gixxer. Even if you do somehow equal it in terms of performance, you are still riding just one of hundreds of thousands, all alike. No one ever stops me on the street and mistakes my bike for a CBR. You get what you pay for my friends. Money may not buy love but it sure does buy some sweet machines. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I sat on a busa and was ready to take a 08 home but they wouldnt come off the price more then 500. Im not paying 11.5 for one...Felt heavy. Im 6'2 208lbs and it felt big...For soem reason IDC I still want it. :)

11.5k is not bad i bought my 08 last oct for 12.5k otd but being in ca we tack in the butt. i can tell you my 08 rides so much better then my 03 did more power+tq :cheerleader:

Back