05 LE Hayabusa

JCinTX

Registered
Ok, here's the deal I am already in the hunt for an '05 LE busa and I have contacted several dealers here in Texas and they are all of course willing to take a deposit on the first one to come in but are also saying they will not discount bike at all because they sell so well in this area.So, I did some looking around on the internet and found a dealer in Maryland that will sell the bike for 9463 OTD and 48 month warranty for 415 bucks that part sounds pretty good to me.Now, the dillema is having the bike shipped from MD to TX I have looked at a few places and the only one I would feel safe with wants 654 bucks to bring it to my door. So, that would bring grand total of bike and all to 10,428 and I would be guaranteed to have the first one they get as they haven't taken any other deposits on the 05 LE yet. My question is does this shipping price sound reasonable? And also is there anyone in MD that would be interested in coming to Texas around let's say mid-april?
smile.gif
I just wanted to get y'alls thoughts on this it sounds real good to me since the same bike here would cost me about 2k more figuring 10,990 + warranty & TTL.
Thanks,
Jay

JC, get out of the Dallas area and look around. I know the suzuki Dealership in Shreveport LA can do better than that. Check the smaller dealerships like in Tyler, Longview, Marshall, Lufkin, Witchita Falls. Yeah it is going to be a commodity in Dallas, but I bet you can find a decent deal closer to home.
Just my .02. I never could find good deals on bikes in DFW either, now cars, hell yeah they used to be cheep there.

Ya, I have tried outlying areas but i'm getting the same old routine they won't deal on a bike they do not have yet nor have any idea of how many they will get that's the biggest problem with what i'm trying to do.But, thanks for the advice anyway.
Jay

Jay, try ForwardAir.com. I used them to ship a Suzuki 1100 from Missouri to New York and it cost $300. There's an '05 Busa here in Springfield marked $10,900 and they won't budge. Good luck!

Paul
Here's the link

<!--EDIT|Red05
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1105822964 -->

i would just fly to maryland and drive the bike home. it would be a great experience to see some new sights .

i would just fly to maryland and drive the bike home. it would be a great experience to see some new sights .
Good call!

You could fly from DFW to about anywhere for maybe $200 or less. Then ride it home and have the oil changed on the way for the break in.

I know for sure you can find a better deal closer to Texas. If all else fails try Toledo Power sports in Ohio or Cycle Trader. You can buy them pretty close to Invoice and have them shipped all year round.

Josh
cool.gif

i bought an 04 yamaha fjr1300 in early july . i live on long island new york but the bike was in wisconsin (not very easy to find a new fjr in the summertime) while in wisconsin i had a yamaha dealer do an oil change , the bike had about 200 miles on it at that point . then off i went went back to NY . I put about 1200 miles on it on my way home . it was a good experience driving through 7 states .
i am going to buy a new busa very soon . i want that 05 le so bad i loose sleep over it . now that you mentioned this good deal in maryland i may even contact that dealer and buy the busa there and drive it home .
good luck to you either way but you should really consider driving it back

Ya, i have actually given thought to flying there and riding it back but I haven't been on the back of a bike in awhile but I suppose I could make alot of stops. The break-in maint kinda scared me too but should be easy to find a dealer in any state to do it. And for the others saying I could do better in another state please contact that dealer so he can laugh at you like they did me.The dealer im gettin mine from can be contacted at www.deepcreekmarina.com and they will honor same deal as i am getting if ur interested in an LE if you want regular busa it's 9330 otd and 415 for 48 month extended warranty if you want it that is. Anyways, thanks for all the input guys you have all been helpful as usual.
Thanks,
Jay

I wish I could do that also. My bike cost me 12.900€ + insurance + legal paper work
mad.gif

But if I had bought it abroad, I would have to pay more to have it legal...
This government sucks no matter who gets elected.

Edit: Sorry if I went off topic... Just wanted to say. Fly and ride it home.

<!--EDIT|S7R4NGER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105835290 -->

Ok, I talked it over with the wife and we decided i'm gonna fly there and ride that mutha back home.Thanks again for all of your input.
Jay

Back