05 busa

jbusa

Registered
How much to you think a dealership would charge you if you traded a 04 (blk/purp) in on a 05? The 04 doesn't have a scratch on it, but it does have 4150 miles. I was at my dealer kicking tires and they thought about 1800. Does that sound about right? I would be greatful with any help here.

It'd be far cheaper to keep the bike you have; paint it whatever color you wish and change to clear front signals.

Steve

and put some type of switch on ur headlight so it dont come on while starting the bike.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099203277 -->

There weren't any significant changes to the 2005 model. Keep your current bike, repaint it and replace the lenses if you really have to have the 2005
smile.gif

I've got the clear one's up front, but you have to figure about 1000 for a good paint job. Now is it worth 800 for 4000 miles? I still have my stock cans that I can change over, but I would like to get an undertail. I did the cut on the one I have now.

actually 1800 depreciation is not bad at all considering if you look at it on KBB.com it shows the trade in value of a 2004 hayabusa at about $6230. I would not worry about it until 06 and see if they have any major changes then do it then if there is something you like.

and put some type of switch on ur headlight so it dont come on while starting the bike.
Order a right-side handle-bar switch assembly from Europe. Some people here and on the other boards can get them for you.

Not sure if the new Euro switches also come with a hazard switch, though.

actually 1800 depreciation is not bad at all considering if you look at it on KBB.com it shows the trade in value of a 2004 hayabusa at about $6230. I would not worry about it until 06 and see if they have any major changes then do it then if there is something you like.
What HE said... WAIT or you might end up all fugged up in 2006... Then again you could just start trading in every year...

It's up to you, if the color means 1800 out of pocket then go for it. Personally I would wait till 06 and see whats in store.

What HE said... WAIT or you might end up all fugged up in 2006...  Then again you could just start trading in every year...
what a dream that would be to trade in your bike every year for a new one. I would do it if i could afford losing a few K every year. would suck for modding though unless you just took your mods with you and replaced the bike back to stock condition befor trading it in.

Back