05 busa ecu tuning

05busa1099

Registered
I'm new to the busa scene and looking for the best bang for the buck for my 05 busa in ecu tuning modules. I have a tuner that can use it I trust dont know what works best for what I want. Have kn, exhaust, and want rev limit off and fuel tuning better. I might later add turbo kit but for now just basics better fuel map and rev limit gone

I'm new to the busa scene and looking for the best bang for the buck for my 05 busa in ecu tuning modules. I have a tuner that can use it I trust dont know what works best for what I want. Have kn, exhaust, and want rev limit off and fuel tuning better. I might later add turbo kit but for now just basics better fuel map and rev limit gone
Good question, since you know who you will use do the your tuning, I'd consult with them regarding what they like to use and have the most experience with, though hearing others opinions here can't hurt. But if something is recommended that goes against the grain of what your tuner uses or is knowledgable of then it kinda defeats the purpose I'd say

By the way, welcome to the forum, the rest of the gang will be along shortly :)

Last edited:
Good question, since you know who you will use do the your tuning, I'd consult with them regarding what they like to use and have the most experience with, though hearing others opinions here can't hurt. But if something is recommended that goes against the grain of what your tuner uses or is knowledgable of then it kinda defeats the purpose I'd say

The tuner I trust is someone who has been running for along time on cars and we have a dyno at our shop in dallas at hpp racing for bikes we just have never started in that direction. this is a project in trying to see if we can get more buisness doing bike tunes. We have access to PC but it's not what I want , I would rather tune the bike using the ecu then adding a trick box to it. Any advice on which tuner modules work best for the 05 and I'm sure he can figure out the software

Chances are your tuner will die of old age before finishing a full tune on a gen 1 with ecu editor. It takes about 5 min per each flash.

Your best bet is to flash the ecu to get rid of the limiters, and use The 4th gear ignition map for all gears (TRE effect). Then do the rest of the tuning with a power commander. Believe me, I generally hate power commanders, but tuning a gen one through the ecu takes all day if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Chances are your tuner will die of old age before finishing a full tune on a gen 1 with ecu editor. It takes about 5 min per each flash.

Your best bet is to flash the ecu to get rid of the limiters, and use The 4th gear ignition map for all gears (TRE effect). Then do the rest of the tuning with a power commander. Believe me, I generally hate power commanders, but tuning a gen one through the ecu takes all day if you don’t know what you’re doing.
I really appreciate all your advice I was looking at doing the exact things u just said...I work at hpp racing in dallas tx, we build some pretty elaborate cars for street and we have built several for the show street outlaws on discovery channel. We have our personal car that is on the show to. I signed up for this forum because I knew someone would know what would be best options.
Let's say that we have all day and all the time we want to tune the bike what ecu tuning module would be the best one ecu editor, etc, etc.....if we started tuning bikes here I'm sure we would have someone from the software and the manufacture of the interface come down and train us. I will more than likely still go the way stated earlier for now but by the time I get all parts for what I want to do turbo, motor, fuel system, i dont know if power c can do that

I really appreciate all your advice I was looking at doing the exact things u just said...I work at hpp racing in dallas tx, we build some pretty elaborate cars for street and we have built several for the show street outlaws on discovery channel. We have our personal car that is on the show to. I signed up for this forum because I knew someone would know what would be best options.
Let's say that we have all day and all the time we want to tune the bike what ecu tuning module would be the best one ecu editor, etc, etc.....if we started tuning bikes here I'm sure we would have someone from the software and the manufacture of the interface come down and train us. I will more than likely still go the way stated earlier for now but by the time I get all parts for what I want to do turbo, motor, fuel system, i dont know if power c can do that
Will we be seeing a Hayabusa on the TV show at some point??

I know the shop. I watch the show, and my shop is “in the area” down here in Houston.

Dealing with a gen 1 you pretty much have your hands tied if you want to go turbo. Stock ecus don’t recognize boost, nor will they ever. And again, complete waste of time to tune.

For turbo fueling, if 250hp or less you can use an fmu. Anything after that you’ll need large injectors with a pc5-PTI which works really well, or add secondary injectors to your set up.

You have two options for ecu flashing. Ecu editor, and woodlich. Ecu is the better software, but is not being developed anymore. And good Luck with woodlich as all’s they don’t want to hear crap from you, just want to hear your wallet open up to give them more money. Greedy bastards all they are.

In the motorcycle world there’s far less support, or free information out there when it comes to tuning in comparison to automotive. There’s enough info to get you rolling a bit, but most of my experience has been from getting out there and getting your hands on it.

and why would that be?

If @05busa1099 and his business is looking to build a Hayabusa, is it not possible it is for a show?
It’s about racing cars, not motorcycles.
If they were doing anything with motorcycles I’d be among the first to know as I’ve already had talks with discovery. My partner at my shop is well connected and frequents shows on discovery including street outlaws, and many automotive based tv shows on different networks the last 10 years. It ain’t happening.

It’s about racing cars, not motorcycles.
If they were doing anything with motorcycles I’d be among the first to know as I’ve already had talks with discovery. My partner at my shop is well connected and frequents shows on discovery including street outlaws, and many automotive based tv shows on different networks the last 10 years. It ain’t happening.
Makes sense now to me..."nope" tells me nothing.

Makes sense now to me..."nope" tells me nothing.
I was just simply saying we can tune cars and build custom stuff, why should a bike be any different. The fmu is way eaiser way to tune fuel and injectors. This bike will not be on show.....it is my personal bike, I just dont want any half ass stuff done to it. The person I got it from pretty much did that and I am taking it all apart and fixing it.

I was just simply saying we can tune cars and build custom stuff, why should a bike be any different. The fmu is way eaiser way to tune fuel and injectors. This bike will not be on show.....it is my personal bike, I just dont want any half ass stuff done to it. The person I got it from pretty much did that and I am taking it all apart and fixing it.
I was replying to Boosted Performance as he is the one who replied to me.

I get you now.....I was a bit confused as there was lots of talk of the show so naturally assumed this bike may be part of it...

Bikes are different only because, as @Boosted Cycle Perf noted, the information and support isn't out there like it is for cars. The same concepts apply, a motor is a motor, but there simply isn't the easily accessible base of knowledge that exists in the car world. It can certainly be done in a diy fashion, but as the saying goes "If it was easy, everyone would do it."
We're here to support you, and look forward to seeing how it goes.

Back