04 news limited- 5th & 6th gear issue, gear revs before shifting

CMBusa04

Registered
hi i'm a new Busa owner, just bought bike, all original 04, seems fine except 5th &6th gear will rev out before shifting into gear, Abby ideas what this could be? Thanks for you're help.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Is it an automatic :laugh: Sorry don't understand the question / problem.

You have to really kick these bikes into 2nd and 6th gear, if you're hitting neutral from 1st to 2nd and a false neutral between 5th and 6th.

heya,

i also have an 04, and when i first got it experienced the same issue. if you adjust your shift lever down, you wont have as far to reach for 6th.

adjustable rod, a 10mm locknut on each side.

and welcome. :welcome:

I have only just purchased a 2011 busa and i appear to be having the same issue changing from 5 to 6 gear. The bike appears to hit a neutral then is difficult to shift into 6th. I assume this common with all busa's? Does synthetic oil help? I will have to try and drop the gear lever down i assume this is straight forward. Very frustrating

I have only just purchased a 2011 busa and i appear to be having the same issue changing from 5 to 6 gear. The bike appears to hit a neutral then is difficult to shift into 6th. I assume this common with all busa's? Does synthetic oil help? I will have to try and drop the gear lever down i assume this is straight forward. Very frustrating

How many miles? I have heard that some busas have a break in period and it gets easier with more miles. A lot of the problem is people don't adjust the shift lever and get lazy shifting at the higher gears. I had this problem when I first got mine then adjusted and I make sure I shift firm and now no problems

Back