00 upgrading to big bore questions

flippnswitchez

Registered
So i finally got about 3200 bucks to do motor work. Since i spun a bearing i figured i may as well look at going big bore. i have been told ape with 1397 cylinder head kit and a 2mm crank. Is it as simple as that? i have heard of running two batteries and upgrade injecters. Do i need to do all that? I street ride mostly but i am looking to play a little at the track. A head of time thanks for all the help guys.

You need to buy the cylinders, pistons, rings. You do not need heads. This alone gets you 1397. Going with a gen 2 crank gets you 1440 but you need to also buy a spacer. The crank $750 vs $300 for a stock. The $450 difference plus cost of spacer, is better spent elsewhere. the 47 cc's arent worth it. Especially since your running street. The 1397 is better suited. sprockets and adjustable cams will regain the neglible torque increase the 1440 would give. Save your money on the stroker crank and get either headwork, cams, sprockets, good tune, nitrous. Take your pick.

1397 shouldnt need a second battery. If it does buy it then. The only problem you would have is hot starting. Save the money unless you need it. Most dont. The injectors arent necessary. Just make sure the stock ones are clean. If you realize your a little lean, you shouldnt be, but if you are getting the billet fuel rail will provide the volume you need without getting the injectors. Worn, high mileage, stock injectors still should be enough for your 1397 but you may net a couple hp and better idle quality from the better fuel atomization of aftermarket injectors. But if the stock ones are clean, and the idle, and tune is right, its not worth the money to fix what isnt broken.

Last edited:
Back