Just a little ride yesterday

RamminBusa

Donating Member
Registered
As some of you know there was a rally up in New Mexico this weekend so we cleaned up the bikes and headed out for a ride.

Here is a couple pics.

All I can say is the the Busa handles like a dream even under pressure. I was very impressed with its handling capabilities, especially after climbing off the R1 a year ago. The Pilot Powers handled everything I threw at them. Had a couple trail brakeing moments and almost hit a Turkey taking flight but an awesome day indeed.. Anyone leaving comments, please go easy on the slow green and red things pictured. We all make mistakes...
biggrin.gif

perfection.JPG

Last stop before going home

One last question, if the needle is up against the stop in the speedometer, how fast was I going? Finally opened it up on the way home with the magical TRE installed. 4th and 5th pulled right to 185, and 6th took it to the stop.

No healer or anything.

Still got 45 mpg

sidebar2.JPG

One last note, I decided to let the Green 12 pilot take the Busa so we stopped to change bikes. Had we not stopped we would mor than likely passed this moron on a yellow goldwing and his buddies on the cruisers they were riding. As it would happen, since we did not pass them, they were the lucky ones who drew the New Mexico State patrol out for the party... Had fun riding by them as they stared at us. I know the cop heard us down shifting as we crested the hill and seen the Bazooka Joe lights...
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pictures and remember  
idea.gif
, everybody think the grass is GREENER on the other side, then they find out THEY WERE WRONG
laugh.gif

excellent! Looks like a GREAT Ride! I've been thru NM and loved the open space. I know a standard busa speedo is off by 15 mph way up in the high numbers. when my needle pegged a tad past 185, the gps clocked 172. I dont have a tre and wasn't RPM'd out yet in 6th. I doubt they fixed the 05 busa speedo.

oh, and nuttin but respects for the ZX-12Rs
smile.gif

Looks like you all down South had a great time. Is anyone riding up here next weekend, Red River? Some of us are heading up there for a day or two, not sure if I will be one of them yet.
I shoud be heading down that way, Carlsbad, sometime this summer or fall. Where are you located? PM me.

Yep, that's my green 12.  I had to buy Rammin' lunch, he saved our asses by swapping bikes with me.  If we'd continued at the same 'robust' pace(without swapping bikes), We'd both been well ahead of the other bikes that got popped.  Needless to say, the only pics that would have been posted would have been from the back seat of the patrol car.  

After swapping bikes...I've fallen out of love with my 12
sad.gif
  Thats all I will say about that...  We did have a blast in Ruidosa though.  Now I have to figure out what my next bike will be...

Dis-enchanted with my ride.
Jeff

<!--EDIT|lie2me
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148251577 -->

LOL,

Just got back from the same direction with my truck after delivering the Katana to its new owner.

One Cruiser of some type in the ditch with medics all around and then one sport bike that bounced off a guard rail (rider wnet over the rail). Did not look good, clothes and helmet were the only thing that laid where he landed.

sad.gif

Back