Lets see your current bike(s)... and a description.

Tortuga!!!
elusor-macrurus_chris-van-wyk_10-1000x667-e1523524757991.jpg

Above is my wife's 2000 Bandit 600 that was taken straight from Suzuki to Steve Johnson ( NHRA motorcycle Drag racer ) He owned it for several years , and then he sold it to a mutual friend in Alabama . After a minor accident with the son hitting a dog the bike was parked for nearly 8 years in the garage . Over visits through the years I thought this would be a cool little bike for my wife . I asked Joe one day about it , and he said come get it ! Its yours for free . Tianne , and I drove from Houston Tx. to Birmingham Alabama to pick up the Bandit.
Over the next 4 months I rebuilt everything from brake calipers to carburetors. Many mods from Kevlar brake lines , full exhaust , ASV shorty levers , DL650 clutch perch , DL1000 Hand guards , bar risers , Zero Gravity tour screen with MRA Large X screen , Driving lights , Belly pan , shortened center stand , Bandit 1200 swing arm / 5.5 " rear wheel for 180/55 tire , Race tech gold valves , .85 KG springs , luggage rack by Rentech , hand bent tip over bars with my own fabricated mounting brackets , Pingle fuel valve , Shori battery , DID chain , GP shift , emissions removed , Wave rotors ordered last week , lowered seat , lowered bike 1.75" for here short legs , HID head light , Gear indicator , Givi no touch tank bag / ring , Jet kit , K&N air filter , Hayabusa bar end weights gen 2 , 2017 SV650 foot pegs , New clutch frictions / steels / springs , All engine gaskets , LED turn signals Oberon , integrated tail light signals , back off brake light , side / front facing ( 4 ) turn signals led , no passenger pegs or brackets , hwy peg foot rest integrated into tip over bars / bobbins .

I'm sure things are left off the list , but since the overhaul 2 years ago we have toured nearly 10,000 miles with it .

Busas.JPG

Both are 08's. The grey I bought new …. actually the second grey one I bought new. The first got damaged in a tornado of 08 so the insurance company bought me a new one. It was essentially the same bike as the blue one is today until two years ago when I went 1441 with an 80 shot and did the Gixxer tail. Best e.t. last year in the 1/4 was 7.94 @ 173, shooting to get into the 7.70's this fall in good air. Best 1/8 is 5.04 @ 144.8 this spring, shooting for 4.90's once I get it sorted out. It has 6800 miles on it, mostly at the track.

The blue bike (Bertha) is stock motor with a 44 shot. Best e.t. that I remember is 8.70 on motor, 8.41 on the first and only nitrous pass. It is set up for a soft leave for bracket racing so it certainly could do better. I know the original owner of this bike but actually bought it (third owner) 5 hours away after seeing it on Craigslist a few years ago.

Above is my wife's 2000 Bandit 600 that was taken straight from Suzuki to Steve Johnson ( NHRA motorcycle Drag racer ) He owned it for several years , and then he sold it to a mutual friend in Alabama . After a minor accident with the son hitting a dog the bike was parked for nearly 8 years in the garage . Over visits through the years I thought this would be a cool little bike for my wife . I asked Joe one day about it , and he said come get it ! Its yours for free . Tianne , and I drove from Houston Tx. to Birmingham Alabama to pick up the Bandit.
Over the next 4 months I rebuilt everything from brake calipers to carburetors. Many mods from Kevlar brake lines , full exhaust , ASV shorty levers , DL650 clutch perch , DL1000 Hand guards , bar risers , Zero Gravity tour screen with MRA Large X screen , Driving lights , Belly pan , shortened center stand , Bandit 1200 swing arm / 5.5 " rear wheel for 180/55 tire , Race tech gold valves , .85 KG springs , luggage rack by Rentech , hand bent tip over bars with my own fabricated mounting brackets , Pingle fuel valve , Shori battery , DID chain , GP shift , emissions removed , Wave rotors ordered last week , lowered seat , lowered bike 1.75" for here short legs , HID head light , Gear indicator , Givi no touch tank bag / ring , Jet kit , K&N air filter , Hayabusa bar end weights gen 2 , 2017 SV650 foot pegs , New clutch frictions / steels / springs , All engine gaskets , LED turn signals Oberon , integrated tail light signals , back off brake light , side / front facing ( 4 ) turn signals led , no passenger pegs or brackets , hwy peg foot rest integrated into tip over bars / bobbins .

I'm sure things are left off the list , but since the overhaul 2 years ago we have toured nearly 10,000 miles with it .

You going to stretch it? Lol! You ever heard of a guy named Dale Walker (did I already ask you this?). I used his stuff to hop up my Bandit.

Dale Walker is a great guy . He donated several of his products years ago for a ZRX all Drag race day in Louisiana about 12 years ago maybe 13 . He even came out to the event that myself , and several other ZRXOA members put together .
His jet kit , and ing advancer are in the Bandit . No stretch we ride the Ozarks , and twisty stuff .

Pretty bike. You’ve lost two inches of suspension travel front and rear?
Thanks! I did but I love how it feels. It feels like you’re glued to the ground but it’s not bone jarring. It’s still very comfortable on long rides. Traxxion Dynamics lowered the fork internally a few years back.

View attachment 1583305

View attachment 1583309

Here’s my ‘07
Carrozzeria wheels
Yoshi exhausts
Puig double bubble windscreen
K&N air filter
Lowered 2 inches f/r
I had my old bike low low like that at one time and I punched a hole through the oil pan after hitting a pot hole.... granted... I was riding 2-up at the time.... but be cautious... might wanna think about an oil pan....

Back