First Busa New to the Site

omarztaco

Registered
Dropping in to say hi. Just picked up an 03 orange copper with 11k. Previous owner crashed it so I'm in the process of rebuilding it. All of my parts will be here in the next week or so. Ill post update pictures when shes done.

Dropping in to say hi. Just picked up an 03 orange copper with 11k. Previous owner crashed it so I'm in the process of rebuilding it. All of my parts will be here in the next week or so. Ill post update pictures when shes done.

Let us know what you paid for your bike and how much the repairs cost, Please.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

I gave $2500 for the Busa. I've owned roughly 15-20 bikes over the past 10 years and always wanted a Busa. Always appreciated these beauties for what they are.

Here are some pics after bringing it home. After tearing it down, I jumped on Ebay and found many used Oem parts surprisingly cheap. Here is what I've ordered in order to get her back to original condition

Headlight, upper fairing stay, upper triple, handle bars, both switch controls, rear seat, rear peg bracket and the intake tubes.

Previous owner also gave me an extra set of plastics for the bike. They are getting prepped for paint now and will be ready next week or so.

The bike came lowered 3 inches which is a big NO or me. I raised the front back up and ordered an aftermarket raising link to take it a little above stock in the rear.

The kid i purchased this from had the bike for about 2 months before laying it down. He said it was his first bike. :banghead:

Lastly, I will be keeping an eye out for an exhaust system. It seems someone has welded car tips to the flange. They are Fugly Imo. OTher than that, she will be back on the road within 2-3 weeks.

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_3335 (1).jpg

wow don't understand why someone without experience would jump on a busa, or any other high performance machine, and think all will go well. glad you got a good deal, sounds like you know what you are doing and welcome to the org. enjoy your new (to you) toy and be safe man.

It's been a few years since I bought my last "brand new" Busa, but doesn't the sticker say for "experienced riders only"?

:welcome: if your looking 4 used parts etc. I would suggest messaging GoldenChild. He has a way of finding the part you need 4 the right price!

Also I seen a little while ago that Tuffbusa has a used M4 full exhaust for sale. Might wanna get a hold of him if your interested :thumbsup:

So after 5 months, she's finally back on the rode and doing great. I didn't go with the original cooper 03' color. Instead I went with 08 midnight metallic blue. Now, I'm waiting for my factory graphics (2008 gold graphics kit) to complete the girl. Only real modification I've done, 1.5" raising link in the rear. Really help the turn in on this bike. Handles really well for a bigger bike. Here are some photos from last week. Let me know what you think guys.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back