Hayabusa paddock side lift finally available

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Should be here bye next week, i'll let U guys know how it turns out :beerchug:

Very Curious for it to be compared to the competition.

I better get mine before 1busa, I've emailed blair about 2 dozen times over the last 7 months asking him if its ready yet. lol.

:laugh:...... received confirmation from him last night that my stand is on its way

I will definitely post some pics and give my 2cents on function and quality

261897838.jpg

That's my gen2 Busa, and on my BURSIG stand in that picture!:laugh:

Likely ripped from the org to advertise their stand on a Busa, because they had no Busa to use.

See:laugh:

SDC10378.jpg

That's my gen2 Busa, and on my BURSIG stand in that picture!:laugh:

Likely ripped from the org to advertise their stand on a Busa, because they had no Busa to use.

See:laugh:

Sure looks like it to me.

I'll bet you could get a free stand out of them for copyright infringement.
If you took that picture you automatically own the copyright and them using it without your permission is
a slam dunk in a court of law. :rulez: I'm betting they would settle out of court by giving you a stand or two. :beerchug:

Then you could sell them if you didn't need them or just make sure you get one for your next dream bike, a GSX1000, right? :laugh:

Sure looks like it to me.

I'll bet you could get a free stand out of them for copyright infringement.
If you took that picture you automatically own the copyright and them using it without your permission is
a slam dunk in a court of law. :rulez: I'm betting they would settle out of court by giving you a stand or two. :beerchug:

Then you could sell them if you didn't need them or just make sure you get one for your next dream bike, a GSX1000, right? :laugh:

:laugh:
Thing is that it looks like an exact copy of the Bursig, which should be good because the Bursig stand is excellent.
Sad thing is that they just directly ripped off Bursig'e design and are marketing it as their own.

:laugh:
Thing is that it looks like an exact copy of the Bursig, which should be good because the Bursig stand is excellent.
Sad thing is that they just directly ripped off Bursig'e design and are marketing it as their own.

If you go the the copycats web-sight listed in the OP's first posting and look at the pictures there are some differences, so not an exact copy
which might be how they will claim it's not an exact copyright infringement.

It looks like in the copycats version, the legs are in two pieces and not one like on the Bursig version. The handle also looks different, as the bends appear to be different.
Maybe easier to ship or lower costs using scrap steel to produce. Can't tell from the pictures if the steel thickness is the same either.
I would assume probably not as thick. There has to be some way for them to lower the costs.
Is the Bursig made in Germany? I will bet the copycats are made in China or in that neighborhood. :laugh:

So it appears that the copycats are using two different products in the promotion of their stand.
The picture of sixpack's Bursig stand and another picture of the Bursig stand with the name stripped off and then one of
the actual stand (legs bolted together) appearing to be one that is ready to be shipped.
Somewhat shady IMO.

Remember you get what you pay for most of the time.
On the other hand how often will it be used? After every ride or only when you want to move it into an unique position?

I guess after the people that have bought them give us a detailed review, we will know the answers. :beerchug:

:laugh:...... received confirmation from him last night that my stand is on its way

I will definitely post some pics and give my 2cents on function and quality

Really looking forward to a review. Thank you 1busa and mysql for taking the risk by being the first ones to try it :thumbsup:.

If you go the the copycats web-sight listed in the OP's first posting and look at the pictures there are some differences, so not an exact copy which might be how they will claim it's not an exact copyright infringement.

Maybe easier to ship or lower costs using scrap steel to produce. Can't tell from the pictures if the steel thickness is the same either.
I would assume probably not as thick. There has to be some way for them to lower the costs.
Is the Bursig made in Germany? I will bet the copycats are made in China or in that neighborhood. :laugh:

That's a lot of assumptions. You missed one glaring option - the markup on the Bursig is massive.

I've got two things to add:

1. I've seen the black widow paddock stand for even less, but there is no busa pin adapter: Black Widow Side Stand Dolly and Lift

2. This guy claims to be selling the Bursig for $350: Paddock Central Stand Patented and Registered as Bursig in China, but the design seems to mirror the svracing stand.

If Bursig has had any built in China, it's not uncommon for the same factory to push out knock offs with stickers and designs slightly modified.

At any rate, somewhere between $200 and $300 is going to be the sweet spot for a stand like this (assuming one desires quality build, and not the cheapest parts available). $600+ was always overpriced for what you got. Bursig could only demand that because they were the only game in town for a while. Assuming they have a patent and can limit its use overseas, then it's up to them to enforce it, not me.

As a consumer, I am going for whoever supports my bike with a fair price. I'm not in the market to support a specific business model or company.

Ah yes. Here's a real Bursig stand with full stickers. Design looks the same at first glance to the others.

It's also possible they changed the design after a few production runs, optimizing cost (sharper bends in the legs would be one way to do it).

Lastly, it's possible Busig has a patent, actively enforces it, and allows generics to be made. This happens with drug companies and even car manufacturers - hard to maximize profit without catering to high and low end markets. ???

bursig1.JPG

I don't think anyone has had theirs shipped yet. This is what I last heard a few days ago:

"The Pin Kits got held up in the Plating Process and will be out for me in a few days."

Once he gets the pins, he has to box up and ship the kits to us, so ... I doubt I'll get mine even next week.

I was told the same thing..... I emailed him this Friday and asked 4 a tracking # because he told me the previous Thursday that it would take 5 business days. He replied back that there was a delay and he was waiting for the pin kit to be finished. Hopefully he gives me an update some time this week along with a tracking #

Back