Your thoughts on a value of my bike

Vegas dipper

Registered
Heres the deal its a 2000 busa 1300R it has 0 miles on it only started never rode and that's no joke I'm wondering what's your guys thoughts on the value I'm thinking of passing it on to someone that with enjoy it for what it is
40691334-F5DB-4F50-AAD4-4159BB3892D0-20216-000006A131C78DB7.jpg

44AE7F13-8CC2-49C3-825A-6D4866010634-20216-000006A147157D72.jpg

9BD33DAD-B33B-435A-AB1B-9A988D87EA45-20216-000006A13D26AD03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who in there right mind starts up a Hayabusa and does not ride it!!?? :-/

Well to be honest here, i am now working on an 06 with 674 miles on it, and while the bike had very little miles on it, it has become a nightmare.
The bike sitting as long as has is the worst thing that could happen, the 06 has a couple of oil leaks due to the seals getting hard from sitting.
So if a 06 has couple of leaks, how bad is a 12 year old bike going to be.

Although extremely sad you have never ridden it I would have to assume you need some type professional help so what I would offer you is 1 bottle of prozac, one week with a prostitute and a gift card to barns and nobles. At the very least you will no longer be depressed, have a smile on your face and can read about how great it would be to ride one of the most exciting machines around.

Although extremely sad you have never ridden it I would have to assume you need some type professional help so what I would offer you is 1 bottle of prozac, one week with a prostitute and a gift card to barns and nobles. At the very least you will no longer depressed, have a smile on your face and can read about how great it would be to ride one of the most exciting machines around.

GREAT POST!!!!

As for the OP, hard to say, id think $8-9k to a collector like yourself. The average buyer wont have much interest beyond that of any low mileage Gen1. With the exception of what Gixerhp said about some leaks form sitting, a 0 mile bike isnt much different than a few thousand mile bike that been well kept up. You seem to be in the collector hobby, what would you pay to add an original early model Busa to your collection if you didnt have one?

Its cool you have a 2000 busa with zero miles but from a collector standpoint who knows how much its worth until somebody really wants 1.... Maybe some rich guy with too much money and time on his hands might overpay for it just to sit it in his shiny spotless garage. I know for me if I was collecting bikes I would want the 1st edition 1999 the copper busa! Now that with 0 miles might fetch a pretty penny :whistle: take it to 1 of those richy rich auto auctions and put a reserve on it around the 8K mark. The average rider or busa seeker wouldn't pay top dollar for a bike like that they are planning on riding when they can just get a Gen2 or an updated Gen1 with a few thousand miles on it for a few thousand less...

All of you guys are great and after reading your posts I finally said screw it after 13 years I started it and actually drove it I am a collector but I am also a rider it now has 1 mile on it to test the waters now its up for a full serivce and I think I will ride it now and then **** if I want a show piece to site around I will get a dam painting
35994E40-1CF2-4C29-8AF4-E6951FA11D7D-161-0000001515646061.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!! Let me give you a bit of advice for your motorcycle collection. Ducatis are meant to be polished and displayed in a showroom like works of art. Busas are meant to be ridden hard and fast! :whistle:

Well now that you've posted close up pic of those 220 gauges , I'd ask at least 12K :laugh:

Welcome to the board if I havent already said so. :welcome: Like others have, value is all about what someone is willing to pay for it. With a bike like that, I would take to auction and set a reserve. That is of course if I were not going to ride it.

Well I have owned close to 20 Hayabusa's and I watch the market all the time.

That being said anything with 2-5k miles on it always brings much more money. Yours being 1 mile I believe to the right person could bring a lot of cash, maybe even 15K. With that you have to ask yourself the question how long or hard are you going to look for that one person who will spend that kinda money on a bike most people pay 4-5K for now a days?

Will all that in mind I do believe there are probably quite a few people out there that would pay 10-12k all day.

Good luck, I just sold one just like that last week to a friend.

Scott

Back