Anyone Familiar with the Glock 21SF Ambi Mag Release

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Need some questions answered about the ambi mag release. Never removed one before but this one removed itselfe. Would not hold the mag today as I inserted the mag..... catch fell out with flat spring. I've looked all over the web and the 21SF is different then the ones I've seen.

I have not seen a Gen 4 with an ambi release.

Looks like this :whistle:
Larger and flatter.

image.jpg

It is not a Gen4 and I forgot to mention that. Figured it out. Seems it was a bit sticky and as I put the mag in with the release slightly out of center it pushed the internal catch out. Really does not feel good. Seems to work better from left side and when pushing from right side she will stick just a bit. However, I have it back together and by my bed. Had her for about 3 years and thought today to dig up the extra mag and fill it in case the Hatfields and McCoys come and that is when I found this problem. :thumbsup:

Well, read enough about this today to see that the Glock 21SF does have a known issue with the ambi mag release. Glock has been swapping out frames for thie poor design for a while. I have never seen before a bad thing about Glocks. Will call tomorrow and see how it goes. Gun is working but I don't trust it.

BB you really like the Glocks that much? I might have to try one out one of these days.

Put it this way, a glock is the only pistol I'd trust to drop in Florida sand and expect it to work immediately thereafter. We are unique in the nation pretty much on that. Our large grain sand is everywhere and gets into everything. I've seen all types clog or stop on range down here for this single reason except a glock. Tack drivers they aren't but self defense accuracy yes. They are made loose specifically to allow everything to fall out. Keep it dry and it will work.
I also like the fact you can completely and I mean completely disassemble one in less than a minute. Spray all off and put it back together. No other pistol is so easy.

That's a fact "JACK". Great guns. I even used to think they were ugly. But so was my wife............ Just kidding! :laugh:
Put it this way, a glock is the only pistol I'd trust to drop in Florida sand and expect it to work immediately thereafter. We are unique in the nation pretty much on that. Our large grain sand is everywhere and gets into everything. I've seen all types clog or stop on range down here for this single reason except a glock. Tack drivers they aren't but self defense accuracy yes. They are made loose specifically to allow everything to fall out. Keep it dry and it will work.
I also like the fact you can completely and I mean completely disassemble one in less than a minute. Spray all off and put it back together. No other pistol is so easy.

Back