I think 1,500 miles within 24 hours is doable

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Looking back at the last Iron Butt ride, I think 1,500 miles within 24 hours is doable. To be honest, after doing my 4th one, I think it's time to kick it up a notch.

Here's why I think it's doable.

The time I left that morning.
dcdff6d6.jpg

The time I hit 500 miles.
d1b07dea.jpg

The time I hit 1,000 miles. I was still going strong at this point even with less than 3 hours of sleep the night before.:laugh:
0505b0fd.jpg

Total miles ridden. As you can see, I end up coming home at 8:44 instead of around 1:00 or 2:00am. That severe thunderstorm wasn't in the forecast.:banghead:
441dfa2c.jpg

Now, if I can just get at least 5 hours of sleep the night before.....:laugh:

I'm telling you, every time I plan a ride like that, I get sleepless nights for about a week before the ride. The worst is the night before.

Does this happen to you guys? Please tell me I'm not the only one.:whistle:

What seat do you use? I'm good for 5-6 hours on the stock seat. No back, wrist, leg problems. Just a sore behind.

That's how I am before a serious distance ride. I pulled 1079 miles in 19 hours with a generous dinner break so I could have pulled the BB1500 Gold easily had I taken a short dinner and kept on riding.

Keep it up man! I'm looking at pulling one in a couple of months.

So do you get some sort of certificate or badge when you complete these things?
How do you prove you did what you say?
I'm just curious because I did 840 miles in 10.5 hours and could have easily gone another 160 to get to 1000. I thought about it but just got off and came home.

What seat do you use? I'm good for 5-6 hours on the stock seat. No back, wrist, leg problems. Just a sore behind.

This guy rides 50,000 a week I think all the nerve endings in his azz are long gone.

I'm telling you, every time I plan a ride like that, I get sleepless nights for about a week before the ride. The worst is the night before.

Does this happen to you guys? Please tell me I'm not the only one. quote.

I have a lot of issues but sleeping isnt one...

Way to go, keep the mile dial turning :thumbsup:

That's an average speed of 62.5 M.P.H. for 24 hours. Glad you made it :bowdown:
:beerchug:
Red, setting The H.ORG standard. :bowdown:
Not really.:laugh:

Corbin.

I could have pulled the BB1500 Gold easily had I taken a short dinner and kept on riding.
:thumbsup:

You can for sure do it man. Good job once again.
Thanks. I really think I can do it.:thumbsup:

So do you get some sort of certificate or badge when you complete these things?
How do you prove you did what you say?
I'm just curious because I did 840 miles in 10.5 hours and could have easily gone another 160 to get to 1000. I thought about it but just got off and came home.

I'm not really after a certificate or badge. I just enjoy doing endurance rides. I think pics of the odometer is enough to prove it.
This guy rides 50,000 a week I think all the nerve endings in his azz are long gone.
Way to go, keep the mile dial turning :thumbsup:
:laugh:

Will surely keep the mile dial turning.:thumbsup:

Great job red. Now if you can just start taking some more pics of all the places you are riding :laugh: I know I cant do it so I would enjoy the trip through your camera. Keep up the great work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So do you get some sort of certificate or badge when you complete these things? How do you prove you did what you say?

Only "recognizing body" I am aware of for distance/endurance riding is the Iron Butt Association. The site lists rules/criteria/proof needed for certification: http://ironbutt.com/ridecerts/

Great job red. Now if you can just start taking some more pics of all the places you are riding :laugh: I know I cant do it so I would enjoy the trip through your camera. Keep up the great work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think every pic I've ever seen of sleepless' bike is in front of a gas pump.. :rofl:

Good job Red:thumbsup: you won't have any trouble with 1500.

I always have trouble sleeping before a big ride but I have issues sleeping anyway:banghead:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I think every pic I've ever seen of sleepless' bike is in front of a gas pump.. :rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
Good job Red:thumbsup: you won't have any trouble with 1500.

I always have trouble sleeping before a big ride but I have issues sleeping anyway:banghead:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Thanks. We'll see...

Me, too. Like right now. It's 4:00am and I can't sleep anymore.:banghead:

Looking back at the last Iron Butt ride, I think 1,500 miles within 24 hours is doable. To be honest, after doing my 4th one, I think it's time to kick it up a notch.

Here's why I think it's doable.

The time I left that morning.
dcdff6d6.jpg

The time I hit 500 miles.
d1b07dea.jpg

The time I hit 1,000 miles. I was still going strong at this point even with less than 3 hours of sleep the night before.:laugh:
0505b0fd.jpg

Total miles ridden. As you can see, I end up coming home at 8:44 instead of around 1:00 or 2:00am. That severe thunderstorm wasn't in the forecast.:banghead:
441dfa2c.jpg

Now, if I can just get at least 5 hours of sleep the night before.....:laugh:

Does this happen to you guys? Please tell me I'm not the only one.:whistle:
Yes you're the only one.....................................to go that far, that quickly, on that little sleep, and have a bike that looks better than showroom new in the pics, of anyone I've ever personally chatted with.
I think this about covers it>>>> :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm not really after a certificate or badge. I just enjoy doing endurance rides. I think pics of the odometer is enough to prove it.

:thumbsup: i never even turned in the paperwork for my Iron Butt run (1080 miles GPS) even though i had all the receipts and paperwork...i did it for me and it has been what i've pulled upon for confidence when i knew something long was coming up...Busawhipped was with me on that run so i just point to the IBA tag holder he received when they approved his paperwork when anyone asks if i think i could do it :laugh:

you can do 1500 in 24! at that point, it is all mental toughness and you have plenty of experience to pull on to see you through :beerchug:

Back