Amarillo Dragway opening day tnt

r1d3on3

Registered
Went to Amarillo Dragway this weekend and had a ton of fun. First time to run 1/4 mile and it was awesome. I didn't break into the 9's like I had hoped but I honestly only expected to run a 10.30 tops. Amarillo elevation is 3680. I'm not sure what the DA was but its not uncommon for us to have a DA of 7000+ ft. My first pass was a 10.05 and after that I had a hard time getting close to it again. My last two passes of the night, the 10.19 and 10.28, the track had gone away. I'm swb with a pipe and ecu editor and I was running 17/43 gearing. I'm launching totally different from how I was just last year and it felt really good. I have a long ways to go but I'm learning to crack the throttle and use the clutch to control the rest. I looked back at a couple of my data logs and one I was 93.5% throttle by 1.07 seconds on a 1.72 60 ft. and another time I had 95% throttle by .99 sec on a 1.68 60 ft. Listening in the videos I have, my clutch control wasn't just real smooth but it's all just seat time from here out! I also figured out I was shifting way early in first... ordering a shift light today :thumbsup:

P.S. - excuse the choppy video. My camera isn't all that great. I'm hoping to get more and better footage through the year.

Time Slips - Amarillo 3-17.jpg

Back