Any Corvette owners here?

umairhashmi

Registered
Im looking at both the base model c6 (2005+) as well as the zo6. The Z bumps up the horsepower from 400 (430 08+) to 505hp but the difference is about 10k in price in the used market. Is it worthwhile to spend the extra money on the Z if you are never going to track it?

I am not 100%, but I am pretty sure that the Z weighs less and is built on a different frame. So, you would not only be getting the extra HP, but you would be getting a different car altogether. I say go for the Z, they are killer looking and I think you will not regret it.

06 here (fathers but been logging more miles then he myself lately lol)
The c6 in itself is just a sweet ride
Not worth the extra dough imho when bolt on power adders will surpass the z06
But the z06 hold value better though imho

I've never had a base model, but the 07 Z06 I had was a pure race car. Sat just a few inches off the ground and was a beast when you pressed the go pedal. They are quite a bit different in HP and build characteristics over the base model. They are not like just adding a few add ons to a a base model, they are a different car. If I had it to do over again...yep, I would always go for the Z.

Ok, great...now I miss her.

Vette004-5.jpg

If you ever doubt that you want one...the power on slide at 1:54 kills me and I've seen this a thousand times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a base model, but the 07 Z06 I had was a pure race car. Sat just a few inches off the ground and was a beast when you pressed the go pedal. They are quite a bit different in HP and build characteristics over the base model. They are not like just adding a few add ons to a a base model, they are a different car. If I had it to do over again...yep, I would always go for the Z.

Ok, great...now I miss her.

Vette004-5.jpg

I know there is more but power wise not hard to make a few hundred hp

Convertible here
And 25-27 mile per gallon

I hear you on this one, trust me. I started my obsession with an 05 Mustang GT. Added a twin screw blower and bam, she was sitting at 380 at the rears. Power adds are fun for sure. The Z is forged and hand built. She revs to over 7K and does more than that with no boost. She also weighs 600 lbs less! A couple of pics for ya...

I know there is more but power wise not hard to make a few hundred hp

Convertible here
And 25-27 mile per gallon

IMG_0001_1.jpg

This picture still makes me sick to look at...scary what I was doing to my baby.
IMG_1805.jpg

The Z.
Vette008.jpg

Vette002.jpg

I have a 99 coupe, full bolt ons to include headers, stainless full exhaust, cammed, nitrous, brake upgrades, stage 2 trans build, you get the idea, etc.

When it comes to the C5's I am happy with my coupe over a Z but thats because I prefer being able to take the top out of the coupe.

However when it comes to the C6 there is a lot more there, wide body, wider wheels, lighter, more HP, you get the idea, if you have the extra $$ go for the Z!

oh yes..Katech / Pratt & Miller are at it again.

Corvette Daytona Prototype Announcement - YouTube[/url]

Corvette Daytona Racecar 2012.wmv - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back