Totaled 2009. What would you do?

Option number 3 for sure. You had too many good mods on that bike that are still good most likely. Part out the rest to pay for mods on the new 2011 :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your bike but as far as getting a new one it depends on what type of riding you do me I would get another BUSA. Good luck in your choice and keep on riding!

Why would you get it? I'm interested in your thoughts . . .

I guess the "logical" thing to do is to buy back your old bike and find a used 08/09 (they pop up frequently if you're patient), then swap the parts. The way I see it though is that you had 7k riding experience on your bike. Not a lot, but it certainly hasn't been parked in the garage for long periods of time. You know what the busa is like. If you're not a super tall person I say go for the BMW. It is one of the most gorgeous bikes I have seen, and the fact is the numbers do not lie, that mother hauls like a raped ape!!! I'm sure you are going to have to fork out more dough if you want ABS and stuff like that, and IMO would be worth it. BMW makes incredible products and if I was not a 6'9 giant I would very likely be driving the BMW instead of the busa. Not trying to busa bash, I love my busa and it's combo of comfort and power, but the BMW is THE bike that has pushed performance to another level. And now all the other bikes are trying to catch up (yamaha, suzuki, honda, and kawi).

This is all just my .02 of course, it's your decision. I just say try something new in life! And hey if you don't like the BMW, you can sell it and get a 08/09/11 busa! You win either way

I appreciate all the thoughts.

No doubt, not riding insn't an option. I'm also really not interested in a used bike.

I'm 5'8, 175 pounds, so I had plenty of room on the 'Busa. It was/is a great bike.

As much as the BMW calls to me, right now I think I'm leaning towards a new 2011 Busa and purchasing my old one back if the cost is reasonable.

I appreciate all the thoughts.

No doubt, not riding insn't an option. I'm also really not interested in a used bike.

I'm 5'8, 175 pounds, so I had plenty of room on the 'Busa. It was/is a great bike.

As much as the BMW calls to me, right now I think I'm leaning towards a new 2011 Busa and purchasing my old one back if the cost is reasonable.

I would hope you had plenty of room! lol. I am 6'9, 245 lbs and barely squeeze on my '09 busa with the buell pegs and helibars haha.

Well it sounds like you made your choice, and it's a good one. I still recommend going to a BMW bike dealership and check out the s1000rr... you might find that it may be really calling your name ;-) haha

Let us know what you finally do :thumbsup:

I would hope you had plenty of room! lol. I am 6'9, 245 lbs and barely squeeze on my '09 busa with the buell pegs and helibars haha.

Well it sounds like you made your choice, and it's a good one. I still recommend going to a BMW bike dealership and check out the s1000rr... you might find that it may be really calling your name ;-) haha

Let us know what you finally do :thumbsup:

I think in KC we only have one dealer, I'll check them out and see if they have one available.

Depending on how much is damaged on your bike...if the motor is good and the buy back isn't too high then buy it back. Buy a used busa ... sell all the parts on ebay you don't need. You can always buy a new bike but wait till the season ends for price drops...

I am a little biased, but never hurts to try something new.
catcover006.jpg

Yep, had 2 busa"s and a bking
04 le and a 08 pumpkin

The busa soaks up the road better, more leg room, a little less lean to the bars, and torque everywhere.

The BMW feels like a 600, light nimble, brakes are just insane, has no where near the mid range of the busa but you get it above 8000 or so and the it's like a damn rocket.

I have done some 350 mile days on it already and will do a few 500 mile days, it's not as comfortable as the busa but your muscles will adjust to the new riding position and it's just fine for me.

The electronics are what really make the bike special, power modes,abs, dtc,, gear shift assist.

The 3 year warranty axle to axle and 3 year road side assistance really tipped the scale for me to. Also BMW is paying for my track day, they don't deny warranty coverages for track use, try doing that with a Suzuki, tell them you raced it and bye bye warranty.

Go demo one, take the bike out and you will see:beerchug:

Ps I still love the busa's and will pro ally get another one sometime, so don't cane me

I have done Option 3 twice now and came out ahead both times. State Farm even bought me a new $650 lid last time too. Oh and if I could afford a 2nd bike it would be the bmw too :cool:

I have done Option 3 twice now and came out ahead both times. State Farm even bought me a new $650 lid last time too. Oh and if I could afford a 2nd bike it would be the bmw too :cool:

I think this is what I'm going to do. How new were your totaled bikes, and what percentage of the value did you buy them back for?

My State Farm adjuster already said they'd replace my helment and other gear that was damaged . . . good company to deal with no doubt.

KC isn't to far from Des Moines, where they have a brand new black busa (white also) on the show room floor. If it were me, I would buy it back and sell off everything I didn't want to recoup the money.

Still crushing to hear.. Ya you could get a 2011. but its not the same.. I love my 08. Ide want that one back.. depends on how banged up your 09 is..

KC isn't to far from Des Moines, where they have a brand new black busa (white also) on the show room floor. If it were me, I would buy it back and sell off everything I didn't want to recoup the money.

New as in 2011?

i'd try to get it back, depending on how bad its smashed up. if its just a front end and some plastic, yea i'd try to get it back. if it hit hard enough to tear the frontend off the frame, let it go.
??? do you want to fix up or part out your old wrecked bike? ???
if you do want to do that, get it back. if not, just move on and get a newer nicer bike. :thumbsup:

i tour on my busa. :poke: 500 is a short day.:rulez: so the BMW is not even an option for me.

:cheerleader:Busa Busa Raa Raa Raa:cheerleader:

Back