Advice on dropped 2011 Busa

no way the insurance would write it off for that amount of what looks like non structural damage......I suspect the frame etc has been marked in some way forcing it to be replaced which is a totalling job.....the RHS can is mint for a bike thats gone down as is the bar end ,mirror and lever....just something doesn't ring true...almost looks like someone started to do a rebuild and gave up.............WALK AWAY....QUICKLY unless you want to build a full on turbo,nitrous drag bike and even then its overpriced.....salvage would be closer to $6k
I was thinking the same darn thing and that rear signal pod and front fender would probably be damaged as well. I just don't know how that bike got damaged the way it did. Maybe it was towed and that's how that crap happened :poke:

two members (bigjack and voodoolord) bought their Gen IIs for around $7500...no issues/blems, no secrets, no what IFs :)

Take this as you may there is NOTHING wrong with a perfectly repaired salvage bike as long as person doing it knows their job. I have rebuilt more bikes and not only busas than most most people have ever owned. I work with insureds and insurers almost weekly, and know the process well. The bike in question is overpriced, the insurance company found the bike to be over 85% of value once repaired... I have had them totaled once estimate was done from falling in driveway.. I do lots of refurbishments myself so insured doesn't lose his down payment and I put it $5 under 85%, and I repair it..I also help owner get the best bike back he can imagine and usually he gets off his deductible..

Here is a bike from Ct, from a member here I purchased from auction. I knew what the bike was, so I took it on even though motor had damage and lots of other stuff. Here is the bike before, after accident and now sitting here, and it just went 130 mph in the 1/8 straight as an arrow.. don't be afraid if you can fix any of them under cost or have a good builder..I could show you pics for days of rebuilders, I have done and you wouldn't know a salvage from a clean bike..millionaires buy salvage bikes, cars and everything else. why you think they millionairess, cause they know how to spread their money..

cs12.JPG

cs1.jpg

cs14.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs7.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

Without inspecting the bike and only going off the the pictures/what you've said, my common sense meter is leaning more towards the insurance totaling this out because it was stolen and they'd already paid out on the claim. If the file was already closed out and they recovered the bike and it had plastic damage it would have been cheaper to just total it and action it off. They don't want to fix and resale bike, they pay to have them fixed for the owners; if it has no owner anymore just write it off and move on. Buying this bike from an auction would have been a great price but this guy is asking WAY TO MUCH. It's a good deal if your paying cash and plan on keeping the bike. Resale is going to suck so I wouldn't trade your genI for it unless you never plan to try and trade this in and are willing to sell for pennies on the dollar when you want something else.

Go wave $5000 cash in his face and see if he takes it. That would make a great bike if that truly is the only damage. I just don't see someone starting to fix it and walk away from the repairs if the insurance was footing the bill. I guess the guy selling it could have started repairing it but why not finish it,a repaired bike sells for more money.

Insurance totaled my 02 back in 04 (got rear ended) The plastics were scraped up, rear wheel was bent, and exhaust was bent. I changed the wheel and the swingarm . then sold the bike in perfect running order. Someone got a great deal !

He Did....:thumbsup: and he still thanks you to this day..

Insurance totaled my 02 back in 04 (got rear ended) The plastics were scraped up, rear wheel was bent, and exhaust was bent. I changed the wheel and the swingarm . then sold the bike in perfect running order. Someone got a great deal !

As others have said if it's totaled and a salvage title, it's worth about HALF of what he's asking. You can get an almost new UNWRECKED and CLEAN TITLE bike for what he's asking...

If the pics are the only true damage then the frame has a scratch or something major dinged by insurance. If they replace the frame, that typically leads to an automatic total!

Now if the pics were legit and he was asking $5k for it WITH A CLEAN TITLE then I'd jump on it.....otherwise, go find a clean and unwrecked bike for $7k-9k... ;)

If the frame got scratched, sometimes the insurance company will say a new frame is needed. Could be what happened here.

Back