Totaled 2009. What would you do?

Craash

Registered
I have a black 2009 Busa with 7K miles on it. A week and 1/2 ago, she and I had a disagreement and we both ended up a bit worse for the wear. Today I found out she is going to be totaled. I'm interested in a bit of feed back as to what you would do.

She had a corbin seat, full R77 exhaust (carbon), ECU flasher, brembo front master cylndier, wave rotors, new Q2 tires, and lots of other extras.

So, would you:

1. Let the Insurance company have her and buy a new BMW 1000?
2. Let the Insurance company have her and buy a new 2011 'Busa?
3. Buy her back from the insurance company, buy a new 2011 'Busa, and part her out after taking the parts you wanted to keep?
4. Something else?

Thanks for your opinions!

DSCN0086.jpg

Can you keep your parts? I would buy the new 11. Good luck with whatever you decide

7K miles? Bummer.
To be honest, I don't think I would get another bike.

My wife had that opinion, but there was a reason that wasn't an option in my list. :poke:

I had a serious get-off back in '95 on a ZX7RR, this one was much less serious. I average 10K miles or so a year on two wheels, I always dress for the slide and I don't let the thought of what 'could' happen hamper my passion for motorcycling. Some people get that, some don't.

Buying it back would depend on what survived the wreck and how much money the insurance company wants. As to buying a new Busa, why buy a new 2011 when you could probably find a new or used 08-09 and save a ton of money, hell you may even end up making money.

Nobody flog me, I'm going to say something different and get the BWM s1000rr. Nothing wrong with experiencing new things in life

Buying it back would depend on what survived the wreck and how much money the insurance company wants. As to buying a new Busa, why buy a new 2011 when you could probably find a new or used 08-09 and save a ton of money, hell you may even end up making money.

Best idea, unless you want the BMW.

Best idea, unless you want the BMW.

One of my hesitations on the BMW is I have a bunch of stuff for the 'busa, . . . . as far as getting an 08 or 09, I had NO luck finding an 08 when I bought the 09. The 09 I found was the only black one within a couple hundered miles.

I would expect I can get a '11 for just under 11K plus tags and taxes (which the loss on my 09 should offset).

One of my hesitations on the BMW is I have a bunch of stuff for the 'busa, . . . . as far as getting an 08 or 09, I had NO luck finding an 08 when I bought the 09. The 09 I found was the only black one within a couple hundered miles.

I would expect I can get a '11 for just under 11K plus tags and taxes (which the loss on my 09 should offset).

I'de(just me) stay with the Busa for those reasons, and that the BMW(which I unfortunately have no experience with...who wants to let me wheelie one?:laugh:) is a 1000, so it's not going to be as comfortable a ride as the Busa. It's also going to have a small aftermarket for a while, as well as more expensive parts...and I betcha higher insurance.
I'de have to ride the BMW before I was sold on buying one, but that's just me.

I'de(just me) stay with the Busa for those reasons, and that the BMW(which I unfortunately have no experience with...who wants to let me wheelie one?:laugh:) is a 1000, so it's not going to be as comfortable a ride as the Busa. It's also going to have a small aftermarket for a while, as well as more expensive parts...and I betcha higher insurance.
I'de have to ride the BMW before I was sold on buying one, but that's just me.

All very true. Not to mention it's still a very new model . . .nothing close to the history our 'busa has.

I say buy it back from the insurance company if they offer a good rate. Part it out and or use it to make a go kart for your kids :).

BMW are fantastic bikes but be aware of the higher costs for maintaining it and parts ect.

Back