Lowering

rdnckjim

Registered
Id like to lower my bike 1-2 inches, what would be the best kit I could get for the money, not looking for anything too special just a little drop too help my short legs

Completely understand the links but is the block hard to install and get the forks moved up? Thanks for the help

Would you put the jack under the exhaust? Iv'e seen some bikes in mags with jacks under their exhaust but they didn't have the weight that the busa does

Lowering is pretty easy. Loosen both lower clamps. Then loosen the left upper a bit at a time. Lightly tap the clamp with a soft faced hammer between each bit you loosen it until you see it move. Keep tapping once it goes down about 1/8” tighten slightly and go to the other side. Repeat side to side till you get where you want it.

Going back up is a bit more difficult. I cheat, I have a lift stand that has inserts to allow it to go around the exhaust. No more pressure than you are putting on it, a small scissor jack and a block of wood works fine under the exhaust.

4102.jpg

Completely understand the links but is the block hard to install and get the forks moved up? Thanks for the help

Very Very easy

Remove the Top tripple tree plate, Install the Block, Loosen the clamps for your forks, ( slowly ) I didnt use a stand and I didnt have to tap anything they started to slide through as soon as I loosened the clamps, Mark your forks 1" below your tripple tree so you will know when to tighten the clamps to stop the forks from sliding.

Easy smeezy, Easier than my instructions even

I just got my kit, I take it the long bolts are for the front and the back suspension uses the existing hardware?

Don't forget about your side stand. It's already not in a good position factory. Either do the stand mod if you haven't yet, or get a adjustable one.

Is it done yet

Is it done yet

Is it dont yet

Is it done yet

People say Im not very patient

Still waiting on my kickstand, and then if the Air Force says I can have a weekend to do it I will get it done.

Anyone have any clearance issues after lowering? My mechanic is suggesting only lowering the back, but it seems like both would makes sense. Any thoughts?

Mine was lowered front and back when I bought it. I do have to know the road ahead and have to react quickly to higher speed bumps and raised railroad crossings. We have some raised rails in our area and I always worry when I have cars behind me and I have to slow way down for rail crossing. Lowering does have its hazards.....but it looks great too. There are some scuffs under the belly from previous owner...so clearance was an issue.

i had mine drop 1" with a rear with a dogbone and was told that be ok but not i got the front drop with the tripple tree 1" a week later and lol headlight was pointing skyward and had to get the kickstand mod to so it lean right and now my feet can touch the ground now :cheerleader:

I want to do the same to mine ,but my friends have the strap on theirs and that looks good ,isn't that by lowering with the blocks in the triple tree ,the brake and clutch handles will hit the fairing while turning?:banghead:

Last edited:
I have the same question....does the visor/fairing interfere when you raise the bars with the spacers??

Back